• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spin Doctor Help!

deysan123

Question

Hi, I recently purchased Toast 9 because it seemed like I could finally record some streaming internet audio easily. Well, the CD Spin Doctor isn't as straight forward as Toast. I figured out how to get Spin Doctor to record streaming audio, but now what. It leaves me with no options. When I click the button that says "send to toast", Toast opens up with a message stating "this is an unrecognized file type". When I go into my finder and try to open up the file I saved, itunes won't open it again b/c it's an unrecognized file type. What does this mean???? I think it's recording in AIFC format, I'd like it to be an mp3 or wav (that's what I'm used to). Please help, thanks!

3 answers to this question

When the recording is finished you need to drag across the waveform to make it into a track in the track list. Once there is a track listed then it can be sent to Toast.

Thanks for the quick response! I tried doing that, and I can see that the track has been put into the track list at the bottom, but when I try to send it to Toast, Toast pops up saying that this ".AIFF" file is unsupported and can't be opened in toast. Sorry to bother you with this, but I'd really appreciate being helped through this mini-crisis. Thanks

Thanks for the quick response! I tried doing that, and I can see that the track has been put into the track list at the bottom, but when I try to send it to Toast, Toast pops up saying that this ".AIFF" file is unsupported and can't be opened in toast. Sorry to bother you with this, but I'd really appreciate being helped through this mini-crisis. Thanks

More specifically, the message states that the file could not be added because it is of an unsupported file type (AIIF). Is there a setting by which I can change the way it is stored? Thanks again!

More specifically, the message states that the file could not be added because it is of an unsupported file type (AIIF). Is there a setting by which I can change the way it is stored? Thanks again!

This makes no sense to me because Spin Doctor only captures in one format (AIFF) and Toast most certainly works with AIFF files. So my sense is the error message isn't telling us what actually is going wrong. Is Toast in the Audio window when it gives you that error?

The first place to start is to trash the Toast plist and prefs files, and the Spin Doctor plist file, in your User Library Preferences folder and relaunch the applications.