Re Installing Roxio Products

anej581

VideoWave 5

- VideoWave 5 Power Edition

- Easy CD & DVD Creator 6, The Digital Media Suite, Platinum

I use these products. due to a problem with my pc I had to uninstall them

when I re install them it puts a stop on my pc and the error message mentions CDR4

I can only reboot my pc by going into safe mode and disabling my two dvd rom drives.

I can then go into add and remove software in control panel and remove the roxio programs.

The pc now boots up normally and I can enable the rom drives again.

Can anybody help me with the problem. Basically I need to find out why re installing the roxio programs stops the pc.

VideoWave 5

- VideoWave 5 Power Edition

- Easy CD & DVD Creator 6, The Digital Media Suite, Platinum

I use these products. due to a problem with my pc I had to uninstall them

when I re install them it puts a stop on my pc and the error message mentions CDR4

I can only reboot my pc by going into safe mode and disabling my two dvd rom drives.

I can then go into add and remove software in control panel and remove the roxio programs.

The pc now boots up normally and I can enable the rom drives again.

Can anybody help me with the problem. Basically I need to find out why re installing the roxio programs stops the pc.

See if this helps.......... http://www.roxio.com/en/support/MSERR/CDR4_7.jhtml

Thanks will re install the products and try that link. Much appreciated

The link worked fine and the Easy CD runs no problem only trouble now is the two CD Rom drives will not read discs. Wonder if you know of a solution to this one

I get this message:

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I have used troubleshooter and have uninstalled the CD Roms and reinstalled but this does not resolve the problem.

The link worked fine and the Easy CD runs no problem only trouble now is the two CD Rom drives will not read discs. Wonder if you know of a solution to this one

I get this message:

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I have used troubleshooter and have uninstalled the CD Roms and reinstalled but this does not resolve the problem.

Are you saying that your CD-burner is ok, but your CD Roms don't work, please clarify.

NEITHER ROM WORKS HAD TO UNINSTALL ROXIO AGAIN AND UNINSTALL THE FIX - NOW BOTH ROM DRIVES WORK AGAIN BUT CAN'T USE ROXIO

Let's get back to basics. You've said NOTHING about yr computer or burners.

• what is your operating system (Win98SE, WinXP SP1, Linux, etc.)
  • clarify which Roxio version number - the version number can be found by going to the program in question, clicking on "help" at the top, and then "about"
  • tell us your drive identifier - to get the ID string, right-click on the "my computer" icon, go to "properties" at the bottom of the menu, the hardware tab, then Device Manager, then click on the + alongside the CDROM icon.
  • what are your system specifications - processor, memory, video card, etc.

All we have to work with right now is "it won't work", rather like "the car won't start" with no clues about even what kind of car.

Lynn

Let's get back to basics. You've said NOTHING about yr computer or burners.
  • what is your operating system (Win98SE, WinXP SP1, Linux, etc.)
  • clarify which Roxio version number - the version number can be found by going to the program in question, clicking on "help" at the top, and then "about"
  • tell us your drive identifier - to get the ID string, right-click on the "my computer" icon, go to "properties" at the bottom of the menu, the hardware tab, then Device Manager, then click on the + alongside the CDROM icon.
  • what are your system specifications - processor, memory, video card, etc.

All we have to work with right now is "it won't work", rather like "the car won't start" with no clues about even what kind of car.

Lynn

Windows XP Professional

Roxio Easy CD 6 and Roxio Video Wave 5 [now uninstalled no version number available]

MATSHITA DVD ROM SR 8586 - 3322 - \5&6A6BE80&0&0.0.0.0

SONY DVD RW DRU-500A 2OF_______\41453533630353230_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0

AMD Sempron 2400+

1 Gb RAM

200 Gb x 2 hard drives

Nvidia graphics card

Soundmax digital audio

• 2 weeks later...

Archived