leslieone01

Photoshow Online And Photoshow 5

Question

I have used photoshow 5 and love it. I now heard about the online version. I have serveral questions. With the online you get a desktop version. If i decide to only use the online version, how much of the desktop is the same? Will I still be able to burn my DVD's from my desk top version. In fact can you burn from the online version as well. I want to keep both versions on my computer, can i use graphics from version 5 with the desktop version and also with the online version? I have spent a lot of money purchasing extra graphics and want to be able to use them. I love creating my own and burning my own DVD. Roxio is making it more of an online thing, I prefer to have the total control on my own computer. Please reply as soon as possible. I would like to try a 30 day trial of the new online version but I didnt see that available. I have loved these product and hope that the online/desk top version 6 will offer all that the version 5 does.

2 answers to this question

I have used photoshow 5 and love it. I now heard about the online version. I have serveral questions. With the online you get a desktop version. If i decide to only use the online version, how much of the desktop is the same? Will I still be able to burn my DVD's from my desk top version. In fact can you burn from the online version as well. I want to keep both versions on my computer, can i use graphics from version 5 with the desktop version and also with the online version? I have spent a lot of money purchasing extra graphics and want to be able to use them. I love creating my own and burning my own DVD. Roxio is making it more of an online thing, I prefer to have the total control on my own computer. Please reply as soon as possible. I would like to try a 30 day trial of the new online version but I didnt see that available. I have loved these product and hope that the online/desk top version 6 will offer all that the version 5 does.

The subscription will also provide a new desktop application (Roxio PhotoShow). It will include most of the theme packs that were for purchase with PhotoShow 5.

You can keep PhotoShow 5 installed and still use Roxio PhotoShow. Both will burn DVDs. The online service will allow you to order DVDs.

I have loved these product and hope that the online/desk top version 6 will offer all that the version 5 does.

Unfortunately, the new desktop version 6 excludes many of the features (editing, multiple audio tracks with the ability to use your own music) we liked about v5. Version 6 seems to have more themes and it is faster than version 5. It also allows exporting files in wmv-HD (not widescreen yet, but Roxio is working on that). So, there are compromises for both versions but you will need to keep both on your computer. I use version 6 for the down and dirty quick format, one audio track online sharing photoshows and version 5 for more complex shows with multiple audio tracks, photo cropping, and text positioning as well as other editing where necessary. Hopefully, Roxio will add the good features from version 5 into the current version in future releases - I was surprised to see so many features missing when I tried the new desktop software, but maybe the new programmers at Roxio need a little time to catch up since SimpleStar was a recent purchase. I do like the new tabbed interface in v6 for simplicity.