• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Burn To Blank Media

FrustratedAsHell

Question

Hi,

I edited some music in sound editor, finished and clicked on burn cd, the drive recognizes my blank cd, I click burn and i get a n error message and the drive opens, "insert a blank CD", I have tried two different brands of cd's and still the same. I also tried burning in music disc project and same result. Please help! Driver for Drive is updated as well.

I am having the exact same problem while trying to burn a data DVD-R that I'm trying to get out into FedEx, today! When I check the DVD-Rs (I've tried TWO DIFFERENT BRANDS!), the "Roxio Creator DE" Version: 9.1.573 SP1 identifies the disk as blank media, but refuses to write to it. I've also checked the media through Windows - and it is blank and ready to use.

I have installed both services packs and performed a cold reboot. Why the #$%%$^^% is it not working???? I've used Roxio in the past on several different machines and never had a problem. This would be the first time using it on this machine, and I'm ready to throw it out into the street instead.

Add to that the fact that I lost my place on the bulletin board when I signed in because it's so disorganized -- and I'm about to have a cow.

:angry2:

4 answers to this question

I am having the exact same problem while trying to burn a data DVD-R that I'm trying to get out into FedEx, today! When I check the DVD-Rs (I've tried TWO DIFFERENT BRANDS!), the "Roxio Creator DE" Version: 9.1.573 SP1 identifies the disk as blank media, but refuses to write to it. I've also checked the media through Windows - and it is blank and ready to use.

I have installed both services packs and performed a cold reboot. Why the #$%%$^^% is it not working???? I've used Roxio in the past on several different machines and never had a problem. This would be the first time using it on this machine, and I'm ready to throw it out into the street instead.

Add to that the fact that I lost my place on the bulletin board when I signed in because it's so disorganized -- and I'm about to have a cow.

:angry2:

First, you don't even have the same software as the OP, in the thread you hijacked. You have a stripped down OEM version of EMC 9, and the OP has Creator 2009.

Second, the OP was trying to burn music to a CD.

I have no clue what service packs that you are talking about, but try installing the px engine, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

First, you don't even have the same software as the OP, in the thread you hijacked. You have a stripped down OEM version of EMC 9, and the OP has Creator 2009.

Second, the OP was trying to burn music to a CD.

I have no clue what service packs that you are talking about, but try installing the px engine, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

I have no idea what "OP" stands for. I was attempting to use a thread that was closest to my own problem (not "hijack" one) in order to indicate that *Yes*, I have researched the boards and have still not been able to locate an answer to this problem. Switch "Data" for "Music" and "DVD-R" for "CD", and I have the same problem, verbatim. The Roxio software does recognize my drive. I have now tried three different brands and five different pieces of media.

I have no idea what "OP" stands for. I was attempting to use a thread that was closest to my own problem (not "hijack" one) in order to indicate that *Yes*, I have researched the boards and have still not been able to locate an answer to this problem. Switch "Data" for "Music" and "DVD-R" for "CD", and I have the same problem, verbatim. The Roxio software does recognize my drive. I have now tried three different brands and five different pieces of media.

op = original poster.

The link GPBruce gave you, here it is again, has been helpful where, like you, Roxio software does recognize your drive.

Give it a try and report back.

P.S.

Don't worry about having been accused of hijacking -- it happens alot!