Touch And Go Dvd Copying

Hey everyone! I need some help . . .

I just purchased Easy CD and DVD (easy burn V6.2.0.130) for my Sony Vaio with two internal DVD drives - a DVD-ROM (HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B) and a DVD-RW (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B). I've tried to update the software through the web, but the program says that the version I have is the most recent update.

All that said, my disc copying experience has been touch and go thus far. Sometimes, everything will go perfect, and my disc will be copied without error. However, more often than not, I will be about 3/4 of the way through the burning process when everything will grind to a halt. The error message I keep receiving is:

Power on reset or bus device reset occurred - 06/29/00

For my last botched burn, I got this message in addition to the one above:

Program memory area update failure - 03/73/04

To remedy this, I have tried. . .

- Looking through Windows Update for driver updates for both DVD drives

- Giving full cache to the recording process

- Reducing the desired burn speed to 2.5

So, what else should I do? Is this a software problem or a hardware issue? Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I need some help . . .

I just purchased Easy CD and DVD (easy burn V6.2.0.130) for my Sony Vaio with two internal DVD drives - a DVD-ROM (HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B) and a DVD-RW (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B). I've tried to update the software through the web, but the program says that the version I have is the most recent update.

All that said, my disc copying experience has been touch and go thus far. Sometimes, everything will go perfect, and my disc will be copied without error. However, more often than not, I will be about 3/4 of the way through the burning process when everything will grind to a halt. The error message I keep receiving is:

Power on reset or bus device reset occurred - 06/29/00

For my last botched burn, I got this message in addition to the one above:

Program memory area update failure - 03/73/04

To remedy this, I have tried. . .

- Looking through Windows Update for driver updates for both DVD drives

- Giving full cache to the recording process

- Reducing the desired burn speed to 2.5

So, what else should I do? Is this a software problem or a hardware issue? Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

One more thing to try to reduce the load on the PC is to copy to file (ISO) instead of to the burner.

Once this is complete, then burn the file using DC or DVD Builder.

Archived