• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Temporary File Location Of Dvd Builder / Dvdoncd File

Dunedin

Question

I've been trying to make a DVD from some Quicktime vidoes recorded on my Panasonic Digital Camera from my Hols.

I've created the layout etc in DVD builder, using all the various editing tools. I have 3 titles to record to the DVD - an intro, Main Video and Photo Slideshow (Mpeg). The size is about 2.8Gb.

Checked out the preview and it's working fine, but it keeps failing at stage 2 of 6 when I try to burn it too DVD.

I think the problem is I keep running out of space on my C drive.

My windows system (XP SP2) is on a separate Hard Disk (only 7.5Gb) from my other files and there's only 900Mb free space on it. I have plenty free space on my other Hard Drive, but this part of roxio keeps using a folder on my Local Settings windows folders on the C drive - C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temp\_DVD_Builder.

Where I can I've set every other temporary or cache file for other roxio programmes to my other hard drive but I can't find anywhere on the DVD Builder, or anywhere other part of Rpxio's system, to customise the location of the _DVD_Builder folder.

There's nothing more I can delete from my C drive to cerate more space, so the only thing is to get it to cache to a different drive.

Can anyone help?

7 answers to this question

I've been trying to make a DVD from some Quicktime vidoes recorded on my Panasonic Digital Camera from my Hols.

I've created the layout etc in DVD builder, using all the various editing tools. I have 3 titles to record to the DVD - an intro, Main Video and Photo Slideshow (Mpeg). The size is about 2.8Gb.

Checked out the preview and it's working fine, but it keeps failing at stage 2 of 6 when I try to burn it too DVD.

I think the problem is I keep running out of space on my C drive.

My windows system (XP SP2) is on a separate Hard Disk (only 7.5Gb) from my other files and there's only 900Mb free space on it. I have plenty free space on my other Hard Drive, but this part of roxio keeps using a folder on my Local Settings windows folders on the C drive - C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temp\_DVD_Builder.

Where I can I've set every other temporary or cache file for other roxio programmes to my other hard drive but I can't find anywhere on the DVD Builder, or anywhere other part of Rpxio's system, to customise the location of the _DVD_Builder folder.

There's nothing more I can delete from my C drive to cerate more space, so the only thing is to get it to cache to a different drive.

Can anyone help?

You won't find any settings in EMC 7 that you can change that will help. The program uses your Operating System Temp file settings for that part of the process. Try changing your systems temp directory settings to point to your 2nd drive instead of your main drive.

You won't find any settings in EMC 7 that you can change that will help. The program uses your Operating System Temp file settings for that part of the process. Try changing your systems temp directory settings to point to your 2nd drive instead of your main drive.

Larry

Thanks for your speedy response.

Sorry to prevail upon your help, but how would I do that?

I moved my 'My Documents' folder to the other drive a few years back, but can't remember how I did it.

many thanks

I think Larry's off-line at the moment, so I'll hop in quickly here.

Right-click My Computer

Select Properties > Advanced

Select Environment Variables

Edit TEMP and TMP to point to your second drive

Click ok and then restart Windows.

Regards,

Brendon

I think Larry's off-line at the moment, so I'll hop in quickly here.

Right-click My Computer

Select Properties > Advanced

Select Environment Variables

Edit TEMP and TMP to point to your second drive

Click ok and then restart Windows.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks

Brendan

I'll give it a go and post back if that fixes it.

Thanks for jumping in and lending a hand Brendon. :) Got tied up with a pc crash here at the house. :(

Larry & Brendan

Many thanks for your help - that did the job and I have my first customise DVD.

It's actually for someone we met on holiday, hope they appreciate my amatuer efforts.

cheers

Dunedin