Adding Video To Mydvd

Ceboia

Question

Last Oct I obtained a Dell computer that had Creator9 on it..but it wouldn't work. (Or I didn't understand it) It came with a White CD. So I laid out money & got a new copy which came on an orange CD and orange labled box. I installed Creator9 and after a few minor problems I, successfully, burned CDs using my Dell laptop until March when I went into hospital. I got out 4 mo. later and figured I should upgrade (being as how the site was crowded with new stuff and had articles about items I didn't understand) so I purchased Creator 10 this October. I installed it in my Dell desktop (and approved it removing the old version) but I could not add videos to a project as I had all last winter, it kept whiting out and saying I had tried to terminate it in an unusual way.

Soooo.. I removed all Roxio files using the Vista removal software and reinstalled it in the Desktop. I opened up MyDVD (which I had successfully used last winter), selected a new menu and saved it as a new project. I clicked on "Add new video" and got strange messages..to wit: one box said "Runtime Error" the other box said " This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" talk to support people.

So I tried re-installing the old Creator9 back in my laptop and it tells me NOW that the CD key won't work, and I can't use it on my laptop as I did last winter. (I carefully typed it capital letters and all)

So what to do? Within 12 months I have expended good cash and have 2 programs which appear to be tempermental and don't work. And what is with Creator 9 not recognizing the old CD key? Do these things expire after a period of time?

Any help, as you did last year, will be gratefully appreciated.

24 answers to this question

Go with V10

Printout and follow, line for line, the Clean Install process – Here

Oh thank you so much for the clean install. I have bookmarked it and saved it to my computer. I followed it line by line up to the current point. The problem now is that many of the Roxio Files vave read-only properties and clicking to remove it does not work expecially with *.DLLs. I drilled down to the last Roxio files and removed all that were not read-only, and the removed the controlling directory.

I am now down to about 3 directories under the program files/roxio directory (CinePlayer, Drag-to-Disk and VirtualDrive 10) No matter what I do I cannot remove all the *.DLLs. or these three directories, let along move on to the other Roxio Diretories (same problem with *.DLLs) So I am reluctant to try to duplicate this on my laptop

Can I just reinstall my Vista? Would that help in some mysterious way? I doubt it since the Roxio Directory would appear to still remain wouldn't it??

This is all driving me nuts, since I am not a computer affociando only a nurse, and I have been trying to deal with this for 2 weeks now.

Thands for your help.

Try moving the troublesome files either onto your Desktop or (my preference) to a new empty folder.

Reboot and delete the folder.

Of course you could reinstall your OS, but save that for a more desperate day… :o

tHANK YOU. cAN i REINSTALL VISTA AND STILL KEEP THE ROXIO SETUP..OR SHOULD i REINSALL AND THENREINSTALL rOXIO. i REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT "CLEAN" REINSTALL AGAIN. i WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTION ALTHOUGH i DON'T UNDERSTANDY WHY..IF i CANT DELETE A FOLDER NOW WITH THE UNREMOVABLE *.dllS THEY WILL BE REMOVABLE FROM AN EMPTY FOLDER. wLL TRY THIS AND RETURN WITH RESULTS :-((

tHANK YOU. cAN i REINSTALL VISTA AND STILL KEEP THE ROXIO SETUP..OR SHOULD i REINSALL AND THENREINSTALL rOXIO. i REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT "CLEAN" REINSTALL AGAIN. i WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTION ALTHOUGH i DON'T UNDERSTANDY WHY..IF i CANT DELETE A FOLDER NOW WITH THE UNREMOVABLE *.dllS THEY WILL BE REMOVABLE FROM AN EMPTY FOLDER. wLL TRY THIS AND RETURN WITH RESULTS :-((

I think we have reached the "more desparate day". I deleted everything, saved regedits, reinstalled Crator 10 (Creator9 says that the code on the box is NG) and opened MyDVD, added 2 videos, changed the menu text size and colors, clipped the end of one vido and burned it. The burn folder now says both encoding and burning are 100% completed_ BUT the video is NOT automatically ejecting as it did on a prior DVD whereon I saved some old files. What to do? Should I just go to the Drive letter and click on eject? Maybe just go to a friend's for dinner for a few hours to let the software know I am not using computer. (((sigh)))

I am missing something here… Everything works as designed and you are afraid to open the tray???

MyDVD does not auto eject and cannot be made to do so.

Creator Classic can be set to eject or not to.

Thanks for the info Jim.

Soooo..last year Creator 9 DID autoeject..but, thank youfor the info, now I know Creator 10 is not supposted to. So I wait and when the MyDVD screen says that the burn is 100% finished and encoded I click it out. and NOTHING IS ON THE DISK.

I am using TDK DVD+R 8.* GB in an Iomega free-standing burner which says R/rw on the front and on the label in the back the model # is: DVDRWHDX-L a, burning at 8X which is fine w me if it would work I have 74 GB free on my hard drive

Noticed that when I am ready to burn..the burn screen only highlights the left lower burn button when the ISO choice is clhecked. How do I make it other wise I don't need an ISO or a disc volumne and if I click the left upper burn box and chose the drive and speed..it doesn't burn

BTW why do I click on MYDVD and get messages about VidoWave? Are they integrated?

Thanks for the info Jim.

BTW I am considering giving up this Vista and going to Windows XP. Any problems w XP and Roxio Creator 10?

Edited by Ceboia

Thanks for the info Jim.

Soooo..last year Creator 9 DID autoeject..but, thank youfor the info, now I know Creator 10 is not supposted to. So I wait and when the MyDVD screen says that the burn is 100% finished and encoded I click it out. and NOTHING IS ON THE DISK.

I am using TDK DVD+R 8.* GB in an Iomega free-standing burner which says R/rw on the front and on the label in the back the model # is: DVDRWHDX-L a, burning at 8X which is fine w me if it would work I have 74 GB free on my hard drive

Noticed that when I am ready to burn..the burn screen only highlights the left lower burn button when the ISO choice is clhecked. How do I make it other wise I don't need an ISO or a disc volumne and if I click the left upper burn box and chose the drive and speed..it doesn't burn

BTW why do I click on MYDVD and get messages about VidoWave? Are they integrated?

Thanks for the info Jim.

BTW I am considering giving up this Vista and going to Windows XP. Any problems w XP and Roxio Creator 10?

You will have to be more accurate with the DVD media label description: TDK DVD+R 8.* GB ? Are you trying to burn a double layer DVD? Do you have a DL burner? The model number you gave does not exist.

Do you have the "burn to Disc" button checked? If not then of course you don't get a burn to disc. If you only have the "save image file" or "create folder set" buttons checked thenno actual burn to DVD will take place.

The "Burn" button is only enabled if you have selected at least one of the other burn options.

What messages do you get about Videowave when you click myDVD? There is a version of Videowave that you can open from within myDVD but you should not be getting any messages unless your system is not capable of doing video work.

Could you please list your system specs especially video card or graphics adaptor?

I think with all the installing/uninstalling of different version your system is badly messed up.

One thing at a time, you talking about too many things without providing enough detail to keep it straight???

We started talking about MyDVD and it doesn't sound like you are talking about that anymore???

You mentioned a Burn button in the Lower Left? I don't recall any application that has a burn button in the lower left…

If it only highlights (absolutely no idea what program you are talking about!) when ISO is picked, your drive or media isn't recognized. – as Walt suggests, perhaps your drive isn't DL capable.

MyDVD – VideoWave – messages? What's that all about, something else different?

One thing at a time, you talking about too many things without providing enough detail to keep it straight???

We started talking about MyDVD and it doesn't sound like you are talking about that anymore???

You mentioned a Burn button in the Lower Left? I don't recall any application that has a burn button in the lower left…

If it only highlights (absolutely no idea what program you are talking about!) when ISO is picked, your drive or media isn't recognized. – as Walt suggests, perhaps your drive isn't DL capable.

MyDVD – VideoWave – messages? What's that all about, something else different?

Jim, this is the window the OP is talking about .... I think. The posts are very confusing, I agree :blink:

post-103-1225729082.jpg

You will have to be more accurate with the DVD media label description: TDK DVD+R 8.* GB ? Are you trying to burn a double layer DVD? Do you have a DL burner? The model number you gave does not exist.

Do you have the "burn to Disc" button checked? If not then of course you don't get a burn to disc. If you only have the "save image file" or "create folder set" buttons checked thenno actual burn to DVD will take place.

The "Burn" button is only enabled if you have selected at least one of the other burn options.

What messages do you get about Videowave when you click myDVD? There is a version of Videowave that you can open from within myDVD but you should not be getting any messages unless your system is not capable of doing video work.

Could you please list your system specs especially video card or graphics adaptor?

I think with all the installing/uninstalling of different version your system is badly messed up.

Jim: thank you for the inquiry. I checked again. the TDK DVD disk are DVD+R Doublelayer 8xspeed |8.5GB

The Iomega Burner says Super DVD on Top, DVD r/rw on the disk drawerand Model DVDRW18X-L on the back label. Made in China. P/N 31658800. Yes I have the Burn to Disc Button checked. BUT the very bottom left burn button stays greyed out, or does not darken, it does not burn and encode until I check "create folder set". If I check "save image file" the bottom left button does not darken and burn or encode. Video card & graphics adaptor?? Who knows. I went into device manager and under Help got no response. It is a Dell Inspiron 530 with 2 computer chips. Purchased last October.

Jim: thank you for the inquiry. I checked again. the TDK DVD disk are DVD+R Doublelayer 8xspeed |8.5GB

The Iomega Burner says Super DVD on Top, DVD r/rw on the disk drawerand Model DVDRW18X-L on the back label. Made in China. P/N 31658800. Yes I have the Burn to Disc Button checked. BUT the very bottom left burn button stays greyed out, or does not darken, it does not burn and encode until I check "create folder set". If I check "save image file" the bottom left button does not darken and burn or encode. Video card & graphics adaptor?? Who knows. I went into device manager and under Help got no response. It is a Dell Inspiron 530 with 2 computer chips. Purchased last October.

IF you check the "burn to Disc" box, what does it say under the Drive: box? I assume you have a disc in the burner.

In Device Manager click on the "+" Display Adaptor to find out what you have as a graphics card.

Also you still have not explained what message you get about Videowave when you click myDVD?

What version of EMC are you running at the moment? Did you buy it retail, as a download or what?

IF you check the "burn to Disc" box, what does it say under the Drive: box? I assume you have a disc in the burner.

In Device Manager click on the "+" Display Adaptor to find out what you have as a graphics card.

Also you still have not explained what message you get about Videowave when you click myDVD?

What version of EMC are you running at the moment? Did you buy it retail, as a download or what?

Jim:

The Screen IS indeed the one myguggi displayed. The Burn Box which highlights is one of three at the bottom of the screen ( BURN CANCEL HELP) and only highlights when I click on "burn folder set"

Version of EMC is 10 which I purchased retail and have the box & disk.

If I click the burn to disc box dhe drive box says either:

E:\PBDSDDD+-RW DH-16W15 =D14

OR

F:\ATAPI DVD W DH18W IP 1X15

I burn DVDs on the freestanding F:/drive

when I click on + Display Adaptor the device manager says: Intell® G30/531 Express Chipset

Family

the message about VideoWave generally says "VideoWave is no longer working" or something like that but it happened in the past when the CD failed..not when I click DVD..

The Burn Box which highlights is one of three at the bottom of the screen ( BURN CANCEL HELP) and only highlights when I click on "burn folder set"

Now my Super DVD Iomega burner, may not be so super and maybe it does not recognized double layer DVDS..but that shouldn't affect clicking the software boxes should it? I mean I can understand that it might affect the final burn but how does the software know it is doublelayered?

Thanks for your help. I love beta testing!!! ;-))

Jim:

The Screen IS indeed the one myguggi displayed. The Burn Box which highlights is one of three at the bottom of the screen ( BURN CANCEL HELP) and only highlights when I click on "burn folder set"

Version of EMC is 10 which I purchased retail and have the box & disk.

If I click the burn to disc box dhe drive box says either:

E:\PBDSDDD+-RW DH-16W15 =D14

OR

F:\ATAPI DVD W DH18W IP 1X15

I burn DVDs on the freestanding F:/drive

when I click on + Display Adaptor the device manager says: Intell® G30/531 Express Chipset

Family

the message about VideoWave generally says "VideoWave is no longer working" or something like that but it happened in the past when the CD failed..not when I click DVD..

The Burn Box which highlights is one of three at the bottom of the screen ( BURN CANCEL HELP) and only highlights when I click on "burn folder set"

Now my Super DVD Iomega burner, may not be so super and maybe it does not recognized double layer DVDS..but that shouldn't affect clicking the software boxes should it? I mean I can understand that it might affect the final burn but how does the software know it is doublelayered?

Thanks for your help. I love beta testing!!! ;-))

Do you have a disc in the nurner? If you have a disc in the burner that is incorrect for what you are trying to burn then the Burn button will of course never be enabled.

You still have not answered: IF you check the "burn to Disc" box, what does it say under the Drive: box?

The software immediatlely knows what kind of drive you have and what kind of media you are using.

Do you have a disc in the nurner? If you have a disc in the burner that is incorrect for what you are trying to burn then the Burn button will of course never be enabled.

You still have not answered: IF you check the "burn to Disc" box, what does it say under the Drive: box?

The software immediatlely knows what kind of drive you have and what kind of media you are using.

Jim:

It doesn not say ready to burn as in the page displayed by myguggi. Despite a brand new disk in the burner, it says "drive is empty" So it is not recognizing the disk. :-(

This URL to get myguui's reply to my questions did not work.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...view=getnewpost

The error message is that "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

Please email me a new URL for his response.

Thank you.

I have no idea what you are talking about or what post you are referring to :blink:

I have no idea what you are talking about or what post you are referring to :blink:

Well, neither do I. That is why I pasted the alleged URL, for the response to the post, in my question. The whole point is that it didn't work...so how do I find the post?

Well, neither do I. That is why I pasted the alleged URL, for the response to the post, in my question. The whole point is that it didn't work...so how do I find the post?

You are the one referincing the link so where did you get that link - its not anywhere in this thread :blink: that I can see.

This is beginning to sound like "who's on first". The link came in my email. Here is a copy of the email.

Ceboia,

myguggi has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Adding Video To Mydvd".

The topic can be found here:

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is

to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Unsubscribing:

--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Topics" link.

Regards,

The Roxio Community team.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php

This is beginning to sound like "who's on first". The link came in my email. Here is a copy of the email.

Ceboia,

myguggi has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Adding Video To Mydvd".

The topic can be found here:

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is

to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Unsubscribing:

--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Topics" link.

Regards,

The Roxio Community team.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php

My last post to this thread Before yesterday was in Nov 2009, over half a year ago. So I have no idea to what what you are referring which may have been deleted.

Anyway this is not going anywhere.