Photosuite 8.1

encot

Question

I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this - but I am new here and couldnt find a Photosuite 8 forum.

I am using Photosuite 8.1 - My problem is that every time I try to view a photo from my C drive, it opens OK but as soon as I try to make it smaller, or rotate it or anything I get a message " There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into Drive D" If I then click on Continue the required action is performed. This happens everytime and is very frustrating! I have tried putting a disk into the D drive but it makes no difference - I still get the same message.

Can anyone suggest a remedy please

Thank you

10 answers to this question

:D So after a little searching I found that they to do have a fix for this problem yet but, stick a Memory Stick into your removeable drive slot and this error will not happen. Here is the link to thier respounce.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/EPS000250

:angry2::D:blink::angry2:

I bought a Mavica Sony camera several years ago. With the camera I recived the MGI Photosuite software.

When I click on Help it says I have version 4.0 and when I install the CD it says I have Version 8.1

I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE.

I have installed it on my Windows Media XP

When ever I try to use MGI Photosuite, it opens, lets me use anything but when I hit the file button to save I get this

I have also used it on Windows XP. It worked for a while and then I would get the same error as below.

Error message

Windows – No Disk

(X) Exception Processing Message c0000013Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c

I click try again – cancel – or close and it will close the window in about 3 or 4 clicks.

I have un-installed MGI Photosuite and reinstalled several times and followed directions exactly. Closed all programs, McAfee etc……

After reading this board I did insert a little disk into my drive. No help, still get the above error.

When you tried to save over the old image, the image was in use. The program crashes here, because it has to erase the old file before it can save the new one (Thats how computers work...). This wouldn't be a problem, but now PS doesn't have the link to the picture anymore... so nothing to save... therefore it crashes. This effectively wipes out the old file and the new file.

The workaround for this is to save with a different name :)

When you try and save a file to a file with the same name, you get a message that the file already exists and if you want to overwrite. It does not automatically erase and write the new file. I would think that most programs do not erase and then write the file. They should first write to a temp file, then delete the old file and then rename the temp file. That's how computers should work

I bought a Mavica Sony camera several years ago. With the camera I recived the MGI Photosuite software.

When I click on Help it says I have version 4.0 and when I install the CD it says I have Version 8.1

I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE.

I have installed it on my Windows Media XP

When ever I try to use MGI Photosuite, it opens, lets me use anything but when I hit the file button to save I get this

I have also used it on Windows XP. It worked for a while and then I would get the same error as below.

Error message

Windows – No Disk

(X) Exception Processing Message c0000013Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c

I click try again – cancel – or close and it will close the window in about 3 or 4 clicks.

I have un-installed MGI Photosuite and reinstalled several times and followed directions exactly. Closed all programs, McAfee etc……

After reading this board I did insert a little disk into my drive. No help, still get the above error.

This thread is over a year old, and you have no Roxio product. Contact MGI or Sony.

I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this - but I am new here and couldnt find a Photosuite 8 forum.

I am using Photosuite 8.1 - My problem is that every time I try to view a photo from my C drive, it opens OK but as soon as I try to make it smaller, or rotate it or anything I get a message " There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into Drive D" If I then click on Continue the required action is performed. This happens everytime and is very frustrating! I have tried putting a disk into the D drive but it makes no difference - I still get the same message.

Thank you

:)

I have the same problem with pics from any source, CD or hard drive. I too am looking for help with this error. For now I just hit cancel about 3 times. :huh::D

That's how computers **should** work

Aye, they should have some kind of prevention in that way, however, I am speaking from what happened to me in videowave -- I outputted a file with the same name as one of the source files, I said "Go ahead and overwright the old file", and video wave did a l'il crashing thing on me, and I lost the source file, and there was no outputted file. :)

From when I figured it out on, I now name the stuff differently.

Thank you

I bought Photosuite 8 in May this year & while I have not struck the above problem, another Error-type malfunction has developed in my software while editing photos, having first saved them to the hard drive. When using "auto-fix", I am finding that in about one case in five, when I try to save the edited image as a replacement for the original image, an Error message appears at the end of the Save phase, and I find that all trace of the images, both original and edited, has been wiped off the C-drive. Fortunately, to date, I have always had a residual copy of the lost images on the camera, so I have been able to start again - but it is very frustrating, not to say time-consuming. I assume my Photosuite 8 software has become contaminated & that I should load a fresh copy from the Roxio website. To date I have found it difficult to obtain technical support, short of paying GBP1.00 per min, to get permission to do this. Has anyone any thoughts?

I bought Photosuite 8 in May this year & while I have not struck the above problem, another Error-type malfunction has developed in my software while editing photos, having first saved them to the hard drive. When using "auto-fix", I am finding that in about one case in five, when I try to save the edited image as a replacement for the original image, an Error message appears at the end of the Save phase, and I find that all trace of the images, both original and edited, has been wiped off the C-drive. Fortunately, to date, I have always had a residual copy of the lost images on the camera, so I have been able to start again - but it is very frustrating, not to say time-consuming. I assume my Photosuite 8 software has become contaminated & that I should load a fresh copy from the Roxio website. To date I have found it difficult to obtain technical support, short of paying GBP1.00 per min, to get permission to do this. Has anyone any thoughts?

First of all, this is a different issue and should be a separate post.

With that covered, my understanding of your problem is: You have a picture opened in Photosuite. You have dome some changes, and you choose to do a "save as". You then gave it the same name as the old file, and PS crashes on you. You now no longer have any files left.

The reason I interpreted it that way is because I was having the same problem in videowave.

When you tried to save over the old image, the image was in use. The program crashes here, because it has to erase the old file before it can save the new one (Thats how computers work...). This wouldn't be a problem, but now PS doesn't have the link to the picture anymore... so nothing to save... therefore it crashes. This effectively wipes out the old file and the new file.

The workaround for this is to save with a different name :)

I think the OP has MGI Photosuite 8.1, not the Photosuite included in Creator 8...

You are all very helpful. I have "Photosuite 8 - ESD", and you are right that I do not have Creator 8. This is the only Roxio product installed on my Asus A6000 laptop. Seems like I may have to save under a new name and then delete original. Is the weakness in the design of the software? and why do you think there was no malfunction during the first month of use, when I did countless edits and always saved as a replacement for the original file. Then three weeks ago the fault started appearing. Does Roxio Knowledge Base have anything on this?

Archived