• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Networks

puddy

Question

I have hassle getting my computer to work after installing roxio 2009 ultimate.

I have even re-loaded my computer 4 times and one program at a time and have found out that roxio program stops me loading my printer on my wireless network.

I loaded vista from scratch could log on to my printer network but with roxio installed the printer does not show up in add printer.

I would have thought this would have been tested before being released especially since all the problems with emc10 edition

running vista sp1 up to date patches

No anti-virus

No other programs loaded

dell inspiron 1525 laptop

2GB memory

sata 300gb

DVD rw

speedtouch 716wl wireless router

puddy

9 answers to this question

The reason why I had to load printer is because I have loaded a clean install of vista because of this problem so apart from vista no other program had been loaded in to the laptop.

So vista was a clean install and it picked up the ip address of the printer 192.168.1.70 and it worked but doing a clean install of vista again with no other software apart from creator 2009 installed the printer does not show up. all other printer on the network i.e though bed 3 show up but the printer thats plugged in to the router 192.168.1.70 never shows in add printer list.

router speedtouch 716wl v5

printer epson c900n colour laser printer

any thoughts welcome?

Kind regards

Puddy

In my system a conflict arose and I ended up with

• Modem – 192.168.2.3
  • Router – 192.168.3.3
  • Printer – 192.168.3.5

And as Daithi pointed out, I have to point my PC's to the address.

It is quite a twist. With Win3.0 through 98 networks could be a true Test! XP came along and it became so easy that it wasn't given any thought.

But now if something conflicts, wow!

The ip printer address is set to static in the router everything worked fine until I loaded easy creator 2009, even worked with the old version. All other attached items like my voip equipment all show up and all have static addresses

Its got to be easy creator 2009 because with just vista loaded from scratch after formating the hard drive the printer address shows up in add remove printers but add easy creator 2009 and it never shows up.

tried changing the ip address but it still wont show up

puddy

Also, did you set the computer to a static IP?

I did setup static address's for my network and checked all otheir device have the tick in place on my router

When I type in the static address of my epson printer in internet explorer I just get a blak page, all other network devices show up like my voip equipment even my canon printer that does not have a network card and both network computers show up just not the epson c900 it does have a network card built in.

Even if I give my epson laser printer a new static ip address it will not show up.

It worked before I installed creator 2009

Not sure what to try next?

Puddy

ps all anti-virus were switched off but no change

Edited by puddy

I did setup static address's for my network and checked all otheir device have the tick in place on my router

When I type in the static address of my epson printer in internet explorer I just get a blak page, all other network devices show up like my voip equipment even my canon printer that does not have a network card and both network computers show up just not the epson c900 it does have a network card built in.

Even if I give my epson laser printer a new static ip address it will not show up.

It worked before I installed creator 2009

Not sure what to try next?

Puddy

ps all anti-virus were switched off but no change

Next you contact Epson.

You probably are not the first person in the world this has happen to.

Let us know what they say.