Early Returns On 2009? Is It Safe..?

rrgunn27

Question

I tried for weeks to get Creator 10 to work on my computer and finally gave up and dumped it on eBay. I'm just curious as the the general consensus on CReator 2009.

Is it better (more stable) than EC 10?

Does is work OK on XP?

What type of hoops do you have to jump to install and get it to work?

10 answers to this question

I tried for weeks to get Creator 10 to work on my computer and finally gave up and dumped it on eBay. I'm just curious as the the general consensus on CReator 2009.

Does is work OK on XP?

I've only had a problem installing in Vista where it rolled back but the fix is very simple and quick. I had absolutely no problems installing in XP. Personally, I like the Home screen in this version. I've not used the Home screen in the last 2 versions it seemed more cluttered and confusing. This one has a Vista style look and navigating is easier (for me at least).

Does is work OK on XP?

I find both EMC 10 and C2009 very stable on XP. The install also was no trouble at all and I had no hoops to jump through.

I would think that if you had troubles with the EMC 10 install you will very likely have troubles with C2009 unless you follow exactly the instructions for a "clean Install".

Does is work OK on XP?

Your ATI Radeon X300 SE video chip/card, is more than likely your bottleneck. If you get Creator 2009, then try turning off video acceleration, when working on videos.

I find both EMC 10 and C2009 very stable on XP. The install also was no trouble at all and I had no hoops to jump through.

I would think that if you had troubles with the EMC 10 install you will very likely have troubles with C2009 unless you follow exactly the instructions for a "clean Install".

Actually, I've upgraded my video card, its now a GeForce something or other with 512k memory so maybe that will help...

I had problems intiially with EMC 10 on XP and had to wipe it out and re-install. EMC 10 worked perfectly since then on my new XP machine. Creator 2009 installed even easier and I've experienced no problems other than a couple of very minor bugs that don't affect my work.

I say go for it!