• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Since Upgrade To 2009 - Video & Audio Out Of Sync

Travis R

Question

All,

I have recently purchased and upgraded to Creator 2009. Since doing so when I create DVD movies from wmv or avi clips the audio and video fall out of sync. The clips are in sync and play well on my computer prior to creating the DVD. I have also notices that when previewing the DVD it stutters alot there as well. Nothing is fluid anymore.

I have upgraded to the latest video driver NVidia has (about 2-week sold) and that did not make a difference. I have run dxdiag and that reports no errors. I have checked for newer sounds drivers, but none exist.

I presently run:

Windows XP Pro SP3

4 GB RAM

500GB SATA HDD

Nvidia Quadro FX 3450 SDI w/256MB RAM video display (dual digital)

Creative SB X-Fi Digital Audio

Dual Dual-Core Xeon 3.20 GHz Processors

Last night I uninstalled and re-installed Creator 9 and it worked perfectly. I then uninstalled that old version, installed Creator 2009 and same problem comes back. Does anyone have any ideas?? This is crippling me in the DVD creation department.

Thanks!

Travis :angry:

12 answers to this question

I have Diskeeper 2008 running as a service and it defrags each night. For the heck of it I ran a defrag and it only took about 20 seconds to complete.

I should note that the DVD I am creating is only about 3 minutes long.

Travis

I create DVDs from wmv and avis all the time and have never had a vidoe/audio sync problem and there have been very few reports of this occuring with C2009 so it is not a "big bug" if one at all.

Are you rendering in software or hardware mode? Switch to the other from what you are using now via File/Tools/options.

Have you tried first burning to an image (iso) file and then using Creator Classic or Video Copy & Convert to burn the image file to DVD?

BTW, the preview is no indication at all of what the final DVD will look or sound like. For most it appears as you described.

Is the Defrag running as you burn?

The preview is bad, but the actual final product is much worse. As I said, going back to EMC9 works flawlessly.

I have tried both hardware and software rendering and it didn't make difference.

The defrag runs from 10PM to 3AM on a schedule - it is Diskeeper 2008 Server. So no - not while I am burning the DVD or previewing it for that matter.

I have not tried doing the ISO route, but I really shouldn't have to either. The product should work for me as advertised as it has for me with 7.5 and 9.

Anyone else have any ideas? I see there are various similar issues posted on here but nothing with a solution yet.

Travis

The preview is bad, but the actual final product is much worse. As I said, going back to EMC9 works flawlessly.

I have tried both hardware and software rendering and it didn't make difference.

The defrag runs from 10PM to 3AM on a schedule - it is Diskeeper 2008 Server. So no - not while I am burning the DVD or previewing it for that matter.

I have not tried doing the ISO route, but I really shouldn't have to either. The product should work for me as advertised as it has for me with 7.5 and 9.

Anyone else have any ideas? I see there are various similar issues posted on here but nothing with a solution yet.

Travis

What quality setting are you using when burning the DVD?

BTW, I never burn directly to DVD but always create an iso file first. I keep a lot discs out of the garbage that way :rolleyes:

These are the settings I can find that you may be referring to:

TYPE: DVD Project

Aspect Ration: 4:3

Standard: NTSC

Movie Buttons: Play Movie Only

Constrain button aspect ration

Pre-Render menus in preview

Encoding

Fit to Disc

Interlaced

FYI - loading the preview with no movie yet inserted DOES NOT skip in the preview as well.....

Hmmmm - more info.

It appears to be a problem with the video clips themselves.....they are convert FLV files. They work in EMC9 - they do not work in C2009.

Is there a better way to convert FLV files into a useable C2009 format?

Speaking of which - why doesn't C2009 support bringing in FLV files?

Travis

Edited by Travis R

These are the settings I can find that you may be referring to:

TYPE: DVD Project

Aspect Ration: 4:3

Standard: NTSC

Movie Buttons: Play Movie Only

Constrain button aspect ration

Pre-Render menus in preview

Encoding

Fit to Disc

Interlaced

FYI - loading the preview with no movie yet inserted DOES NOT skip in the preview as well.....

Hmmmm - more info.

It appears to be a problem with the video clips themselves.....they are convert FLV files. They work in EMC9 - they do not work in C2009.

Is there a better way to convert FLV files into a useable C2009 format?

Speaking of which - why doesn't C2009 support bringing in FLV files?

Travis

I did not know that flv files work in EMC9.

To what format are you converting the flv files for use with C2009? Any flv files I have used give very poor results since most are such poor quality to begin with.

I have tried converting them to WMV and AVI. I use a program called WMRECORDER to convert them. The converted result works well in EMC9 just not C2009.

Travis

Why not convert them right away to mpeg2 which is what C2009 (to be DVD compliant) does anyway when it burns. That way you only have to do one conversion since with each conversion you lose quality.