J. Cota

There Was An Error Writing The Image To You Hard Drive.. Please Make Sure You Have 0kb Free On Any Of Your Hard Drives, Then Try The Copy Again

Question

This is the exact error I get,"There was an error writing the image to you hard drive.. Please make sure you have 0KB free on any of your hard drives, then try the copy again."

Common, this is krazy... Someone please help here is a Screen shot.

error.jpg

9 answers to this question

This is the exact error I get,"There was an error writing the image to you hard drive.. Please make sure you have 0KB free on any of your hard drives, then try the copy again."

Common, this is krazy... Someone please help here is a Screen shot.

error.jpg

How about some information on what you are trying to do, what program you are using?

While you are supplying that info you could perhaps also list you system specs

Newbie here - I have exactly the same error message.

All I am trying to do is copy a disc - a dvd with data files.

I tried the Dell patch that was available as I also get a mediahub.exe "Can't End Programme" message every time I shut down. (When I did this I lost my wireless indicator in the bottom right corner of screen?)

So my software changed from being called "Sonic" to Roxio" but still get the same message as screen shots above.

Incidentally if I just want to "add data" to a dvd it burns fine.

Please help.

I've been a newbie idiot. I only had 2GB. Put all my photos over to a new external HD and now its working.

Thanks Very Much all

Thanks for that Vig. A lesser person would have said nothing to avoid embarrassment, but by 'fessing up you've helped us confirm that the mysterious message "Please make sure you have 0KB free on any of your hard drives, then try the copy again" really means "You've run out of room on your hard drive".

Again, thank you.

Brendon

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to harvest email addresses for spamming purposes.

I'd suggest you might want to edit your post to remove the email, before it is too late.

Lynn

How about some information on what you are trying to do, what program you are using?

While you are supplying that info you could perhaps also list you system specs

Hello, Please excuse me but I am not that brilliant with computers etc so please be kind! I have a very similar problem to this one and it is also driving me crazy! I have just joined the forum to try and resolve it. The only difference with my "error" message is that it says to make sure that I have 3.4 gig or 3.9 gig space available which must be the size of dvd's that I am trying to copy. I have at least 126 gig available on my hard drive. I do not get this message every time though and some dvd's are copied successfully

I am trying to copy dvd's that I have created using video from my Canon MD 101 Mini DV camcorder, I have transfered video to dvd using my Daewoo DF-4501P dvd recorder and going straight from the camcorder to the computer (with firewire) using "Direct To Disc" and I still get the same message. I have tried using different blank media. My equipment/sotware is -

Compaq Presario Computer (XP Home SP3)

Sonic Digital Media Plus V7 (that came with the computer)

Thank you all in advance.

Dave.