• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
mac/tivo user

Tivo Transfer

Question

About the time I installed the update for Toast 8, my ability to import shows on my tivo to my mac ended.

I can open tivo transfer. I can view shows on my DVR. I can even select a show to transfer and push the transfer it button. But that is where everything stopped. All I see is 0k of 1.1GB transferring, even after hours of waiting.

Anyone know what happened?

1 answer to this question

About the time I installed the update for Toast 8, my ability to import shows on my tivo to my mac ended.

I can open tivo transfer. I can view shows on my DVR. I can even select a show to transfer and push the transfer it button. But that is where everything stopped. All I see is 0k of 1.1GB transferring, even after hours of waiting.

Anyone know what happened?

I encountered a similar problem a few months ago. I have two separate networked TiVos. One behaved as you described, the other was OK. Solution: I "rebooted" the offending TiVo by pulling its power plug for a couple of minutes, and then reconnecting it. Problem solved. Apparently, some part of the resident software in the offending TiVo unit had become corrupted.

I applied the adage from the Windows world: "When in doubt, reboot."

Hope this solves your problem.