Capture

rmartin8

Question

2 answers to this question

I want to capture from a VHS tape hrough my camcorder directly to a DVD without first copying it to a DV tape. Is this possible Roxio 7.5? I can't seem to get it to work this way.

Thanks in advance.

Randall Martin

If your camcorder has pass through, I believe that you can, but you are begging trouble doing it that way. You are better off capturing to your hard drive as an .avi file, then use DVD Builder to burn it to disc, or an .ISO file.

If you go the ISO file route, which is the best route to take, you would then burn to a DVD, using Disc Copier. The resultant DVD will play on your set top DVD player.

I want to capture from a VHS tape hrough my camcorder directly to a DVD without first copying it to a DV tape. Is this possible Roxio 7.5? I can't seem to get it to work this way.

Thanks in advance.

Randall Martin

I do all my VHS transfer via pass through my digital camcorder and never had a problem with excellent results. What make/model of digital camcorder do your have? Some people have not been able to get it to work. You have to use a firewire connection and most likely also have to have a tape in the digital camcorder, preferably a blank tape.

Archived