• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Add Folder Does Not Allow Needed Movement

scrapbookingmom

Question

I need to add a folder to burn a data DVD then I want to move the files inside it. I cannot select more than one folder at a time and I do not see a way to view the file heirarchy that would allow me to move images in/out of the parent folder.

Data DVDs is the main reason I use this software. 2 others have posted similar comments without any real solutions. I know how to go to Add Data... then Add Folder... It just won't allow me to move files around in the project.

For example: In Windows there is a list of folders on the left side and files on the right. You can move files to any folder on the left. However, in Roxio Creator 10 there is no way to move files out of the parent folder. (At least not that I can find).

Anyone have suggestions of something I've overlooked?

13 answers to this question

I need to add a folder to burn a data DVD then I want to move the files inside it. I cannot select more than one folder at a time and I do not see a way to view the file heirarchy that would allow me to move images in/out of the parent folder.

Data DVDs is the main reason I use this software. 2 others have posted similar comments without any real solutions. I know how to go to Add Data... then Add Folder... It just won't allow me to move files around in the project.

For example: In Windows there is a list of folders on the left side and files on the right. You can move files to any folder on the left. However, in Roxio Creator 10 there is no way to move files out of the parent folder. (At least not that I can find).

Anyone have suggestions of something I've overlooked?

I assume you are using Data Disc to do you r copying.

Use Creator Classic and you will have no problem moving files/folders. The program from the suite you are using is very limited in what it can do.

Of course you could also setup your folders on your hard drive before using Data Disc.

I assume you are using Data Disc to do you r copying.

Use Creator Classic and you will have no problem moving files/folders. The program from the suite you are using is very limited in what it can do.

Of course you could also setup your folders on your hard drive before using Data Disc.

Yes, I am trying to use Data Disc. Can "Creator Classic" be downloaded for free or is this a separate software package I need to purchase?

You are right that I can rearrange the files in Windows first but I really didn't want to do that. My organization system is very different for my files than what I want a customer to see on a DVD that I give them. I like the previous software that I used for data DVDs much better because it allowed me to customize my DVD's organization independently. Roxio is the software that came with this new computer.

I had hoped that there was a way to do and I just was overlooking it.

Thank you for your reply. :)

Yes, I am trying to use Data Disc. Can "Creator Classic" be downloaded for free or is this a separate software package I need to purchase?

You are right that I can rearrange the files in Windows first but I really didn't want to do that. My organization system is very different for my files than what I want a customer to see on a DVD that I give them. I like the previous software that I used for data DVDs much better because it allowed me to customize my DVD's organization independently. Roxio is the software that came with this new computer.

I had hoped that there was a way to do and I just was overlooking it.

Thank you for your reply. :)

Creator Classic is part of the EMC 10 suite unless you have an OEM version which may not include Creator

Classicpost-103-1224993537.jpg

FYI: Data Disc is simplified data burning program that you access from the Home app.

The Add Folder portion is abysmal, as you have noted.

The Add Files will actually allow you to add both Folders and Files but still not as flexible since it closes when you click OK.

This program is actually destined to replace Classic somewhere in the future and we have sent in a bucket of suggested improvements.

Since this is a long way off and will never find its' way back to V10, you would do well to follow Walt's advice and go with Classic.

Creator Classic is part of the EMC 10 suite unless you have an OEM version which may not include Creator

Classicpost-103-1224993537.jpg

I have an OEM version. It's helpful to know that the problem is with the software and not me. I think I'll buy the software I used to use before getting this with my new computer. I appreciate all of your helpful replies. :rolleyes:

I have been trying to add several folders into Data disk in Roxio Premier SD 10.1 and I have never have seen such a primitive programme. Only one folder or a mishmash of files. I am only interested in creating data disks and have found a simple download what does the job -no fuss and very efficient . Goodby

Roxio

I have been trying to add several folders into Data disk in Roxio Premier SD 10.1 and I have never have seen such a primitive programme. Only one folder or a mishmash of files. I am only interested in creating data disks and have found a simple download what does the job -no fuss and very efficient . Goodby

Roxio

I don't know what you are doing but I have no problems adding multiple folders at a time - no fuss and very efficient :)

Simply use Creator Classic :)

I don't know what you are doing but I have no problems adding multiple folders at a time - no fuss and very efficient :)

Simply use Creator Classic :)

Yes, but he has Roxio Premier SD 10.1, and a lot of these Sonic slice-and-dice "suitelets" don't have Creator Classic, only that stupid 'make data disc' application that behaves as described by the complaining Kirky.

I think that if they banish Creator Classic as they want to, then revenue will go so far down that many of these Sonic people will be leaving the company at the same time. :(

Brendon

Yes, but he has Roxio Premier SD 10.1, and a lot of these Sonic slice-and-dice "suitelets" don't have Creator Classic, only that stupid 'make data disc' application that behaves as described by the complaining Kirky.

I think that if they banish Creator Classic as they want to, then revenue will go so far down that many of these Sonic people will be leaving the company at the same time. :(

Brendon

You are right Brendon, the OPs version is a Dell OEM "cripple" :rolleyes:

Digital Guru it sounds as if you might be an AECL refugee. (takes one to know one ). I was so surprised to see how useless the programme was that i deleted and reinstalled as I thought Classic might be hidden in there . But now i see that I am expected to pay $99 US for some thing that works. Burn My Files works wonderfully at $29.99.

Digital Guru it sounds as if you might be an AECL refugee. (takes one to know one ). I was so surprised to see how useless the programme was that i deleted and reinstalled as I thought Classic might be hidden in there . But now i see that I am expected to pay $99 US for some thing that works. Burn My Files works wonderfully at $29.99.

If all you are doing is burning data to a CD or DVD then of course you don't need C2009. Most purchasers of C2009 though do a lot more then that and "Burn my Files" is useless to us and the $79 is worth the money.

Maybe . but if they can't hack the simple stuff how can you trust them with the exotic stuff?

Actually it does the complex stuff very well.

The simple Burn Data Disc has had this glaring flaw in it for many version over many years.

Only 1 or 2 people ever notice it so it is not like it is ever going to be considered important…

Reality 101: When Vista OS added packet writing, Roxio dropped its' Drag to Disc program 2 versions ago!

I am actually surprised that a data burner is still being included as all of this is built into Vista as well as XP. (XP can't burn DVDs)

But just so you know, Roxio asked for improvements to Burn Data Disc and the Add Files/Folders was at the top of the list! And it was a lengthy list…

If implemented, remember it could be dropped altogether, it would be in the next version and will never see it in an update.