• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound Delay When Playing Back Dvd

pijinryan

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi, I have recorded my DVD, but right from the start, there is a delay where the sound is heard after the picture if you follow. I have tried updating my sound driver, any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan

What was the original source material for your DVD, and what steps / programs in EMC10 did you use to make it? Also, please list some info re: your pc.

What was the original source material for your DVD, and what steps / programs in EMC10 did you use to make it? Also, please list some info re: your pc.

Hi Tom.

I used MyDVD to make the disk, and i captured the video from my camcorder - the footage is fine on there.

I dont know much about computers but here is my specs:

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 10/26/2008, 15:32:30

Machine name: RYANS-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.080917-1612)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell DXP061

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.1.2

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 1061MB used, 3246MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7900 GS

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0292&SUBSYS_037010DE&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1015 MB

Dedicated Memory: 248 MB

Shared Memory: 766 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

---------------------

Sound Capture Devices

---------------------

------------------------

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives

------------------------

Drive: C:

Free Space: 117.0 GB

Total Space: 294.9 GB

File System: NTFS

Drive: D:

Free Space: 6.5 GB

Total Space: 10.2 GB

File System: NTFS

Model: ARRAY

Drive: E:

Model: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A

Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.00.6000.16386 (English), 11/2/2006 08:51:44, 67072 bytes

--------------

System Devices

--------------

Name: Intel® P965/G965 PCI Express Root Port - 29A1

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29A1&SUBSYS_01DB1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&1&08

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 6.00.6000.16400 (English), 2/1/2007 11:44:49, 140392 bytes

Audio Renderers:

Speakers (High Definition Audio,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16681

Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16681

Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16681

Digital Output Device (SPDIF) (,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16681

DirectSound: Digital Output Device (SPDIF) (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16681

DirectSound: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16681

Edited to dump info not needed.

Edited by grandpabruce

Update the audio card drivers from the manufacturer's web site (Dell). While you are there, see if there is an update for the video card/chip.

Turn off both audio and video acceleration using dxdiag (corrected).

Before you do any video work, check your hard drive for viruses and malware and defrag your hard drive. You will need a lot of free space on the drive. Do not work from a USB connected hard drive.

When you do any video work, disconnect from the internet, shut down your anti-virus and all other running programs.

When you go to burn from My DVD, encode to an ISO file and then copy the ISO to a disc using Creator Classic or Video Copy and Convert. This two step process separates the encoding from the actual burning so your computer only has to do one thing at a time.

Yes, a good burn is not easy nor quick but just think how much time was wasted when the project has a audio sync issue.

Edited by sknis

Update the audio card drivers from the manufacturer's web site (Dell). While you are there, see if there is an update for the video card/chip.

Turn off both audio and video acceleration using msconfig.

Before you do any video work, check your hard drive for viruses and malware and defrag your hard drive. You will need a lot of free space on the drive. Do not work from a USB connected hard drive.

When you do any video work, disconnect from the internet, shut down your anti-virus and all other running programs.

When you go to burn from My DVD, encode to an ISO file and then copy the ISO to a disc using Creator Classic or Video Copy and Convert. This two step process separates the encoding from the actual burning so your computer only has to do one thing at a time.

Yes, a good burn is not easy nor quick but just think how much time was wasted when the project has a audio sync issue.

Thanks guys

Thanks guys

I know from a pm that you are still having this issue.

Are you doing any editing to your piece?

If not, perhaps you could capture it and then go directly to Copy & Convert in the suite, add your movie there, choosing "destination" as DVD/ disc image?

C&C has resolved some sync issues I have had in the past.

I know from a pm that you are still having this issue.

Are you doing any editing to your piece?

If not, perhaps you could capture it and then go directly to Copy & Convert in the suite, add your movie there, choosing "destination" as DVD/ disc image?

C&C has resolved some sync issues I have had in the past.

Thanks, trouble is, it is 1 hour long and there are chapters in it to skip through scenes. I dont want to lose that if i can help it.

Thanks, trouble is, it is 1 hour long and there are chapters in it to skip through scenes. I dont want to lose that if i can help it.

Did you do everything I suggested?

Download and run VLC player on the ISO file. Is the audio in sync?

From the open project in VideoWave, out the file to "mpg2 for DVD, best quality". Play that with WMP or VLC. Is it in sync?

Did you do everything I suggested?

Download and run VLC player on the ISO file. Is the audio in sync?

From the open project in VideoWave, out the file to "mpg2 for DVD, best quality". Play that with WMP or VLC. Is it in sync?

Hi yes i tried everything you said.

The iso file has the audio sync delay when played in vlc. I cant do it in Videowave because the project seems to be the wrong file type. I cant find it to open it.

i captured the video from my camcorder - the footage is fine on there.

The iso file has the audio sync delay when played in vlc.

If footage is still on you camcorder, where it plays fine, perhaps you should just start from scratch, maybe there was a hiccup or other problem when you first captured the file which is causing you the problems.

Edited by Syrallas

If footage is still on you camcorder, where it plays fine, perhaps you should just start from scratch, maybe there was a hiccup or other problem when you first captured the file which is causing you the problems.

How exactly do you turn off audio and video acceleration using msconfig? I cant find it.

How exactly do you turn off audio and video acceleration using msconfig? I cant find it.

You don't. You can do it in dxdiag, though. Click on Start, then on Run, and type dxdiag in the text box, and click ok.

On the dxdiag screen, you will find the acceleration sliders under the Display and Sound tabs.