• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2009

jimmyj294

Question

just received disk,downloaded program. now when I go to run Photo edit or any program in Creator 2009. The error message coms up (PhotoStudio has stopped working) I have been unable to run any of the roxio programs I sm ona wondows Vista computer using a Hp Quad core computerer, 3 gig Ram. and on a Server. help :angry::angry::angry:

11 answers to this question

Like many others in this forum, I had exactly the same problem as you describe. Running the CLEAN INSTALL did not solve the problem.

*** Run don't walk to your vendor and demand a refund for this faulty Roxio product. ***

Read this quickly because Roxio will delete this message from the forum, as they have deleted other similar advice from dissatisfied and bilked Roxio customers!

Like many others in this forum, I had exactly the same problem as you describe. Running the CLEAN INSTALL did not solve the problem.

*** Run don't walk to your vendor and demand a refund for this faulty Roxio product. ***

Read this quickly because Roxio will delete this message from the forum, as they have deleted other similar advice from dissatisfied and bilked Roxio customers!

Continually spew the same thing over and over and you'll see your name disappear.

You need a doctor and I hope you find one to help you speak truthfully instead of spouting out lies! Those who truly want help here, get it. It's just that simple. Maybe you're just way to complicated to understand the simple things.

Continually spew the same thing over and over and you'll see your name disappear.

You need a doctor and I hope you find one to help you speak truthfully instead of spouting out lies! Those who truly want help here, get it. It's just that simple. Maybe you're just way to complicated to understand the simple things.

Wow, Paul -- what a rebuke! Try addressing the problem that so many others have described here, instead of shooting the messenger. I have been asking for help since purchasing this botched product and I have received only useless advice and insults from Roxio gurus.

What lies? I really did follow all the advice and instructions that are posted in this forum, on two different machines running Vista and XP, with exactly the same results -- after a very long wait the SUCCESS window appeared but Creator 2009 was not installed.

Are you actually "Paul de Roxio" like the "David de Roxio" who answered my first innocent inquiry (which was subsequently deleted from this forum)?

Does Roxio really employ anyone who understands this failed installation problem and has any solutions?

Is the problem "just way to [too?] complicated" for you to understand, or do you just prefer to ignore the problem until it goes away?

For me the problem will go away if Roxio offers (1) a genuine fix to me and many other customers who have wasted their time and money on this "not ready for prime time" app, or (2) an acknowledgment, apology and refund to their dissatisfied customers.

WHICH problem?

So far you have posted a 'me too' to at least a DOZEN different ones

Are you sure that you can even operate a computer because, to date, you haven't given ONE instance of any error except that you have a LOT (from installation to operating a progrem in the suite.

Now, if you couldn't even INSTALL the thing - how can you have all the other errors?

Wow, Paul -- what a rebuke! Try addressing the problem that so many others have described here, instead of shooting the messenger. I have been asking for help since purchasing this botched product and I have received only useless advice and insults from Roxio gurus.

What lies? I really did follow all the advice and instructions that are posted in this forum, on two different machines running Vista and XP, with exactly the same results -- after a very long wait the SUCCESS window appeared but Creator 2009 was not installed.

Are you actually "Paul de Roxio" like the "David de Roxio" who answered my first innocent inquiry (which was subsequently deleted from this forum)?

Does Roxio really employ anyone who understands this failed installation problem and has any solutions?

Is the problem "just way to [too?] complicated" for you to understand, or do you just prefer to ignore the problem until it goes away?

For me the problem will go away if Roxio offers (1) a genuine fix to me and many other customers who have wasted their time and money on this "not ready for prime time" app, or (2) an acknowledgment, apology and refund to their dissatisfied customers.

Wrong again. I've got nothing to do with Roxio except that I've been here for ages. Just a user like you with the exception that I try to help instead of bashing. But, when I see the same post over and over in different areas of the forum, I just know you won't get any help from anyone with that attitude.

The only problem I see here is you. With your attitude and nuisance posts you will never get any help and just wind up getting banned :blink:

WHICH problem?

So far you have posted a 'me too' to at least a DOZEN different ones

Are you sure that you can even operate a computer because, to date, you haven't given ONE instance of any error except that you have a LOT (from installation to operating a progrem in the suite.

Now, if you couldn't even INSTALL the thing - how can you have all the other errors?

Oh what the heck -- never mind. The usual insults instead of knowledgeable advice.

If you had read my initial posts (which of course you have not read because Roxio has deleted them!) you would understand that I have wasted hours and hours attempting to install, uninstall and reinstall this product numerous times with many different results, including rollbacks, interrupts and different error messages. But you are right -- I do not intend to waste any more time in this forum because no real help is being offered here, only insults.

I have owned and operated many computers, and have installed many different computer programs (or "progrems" if you prefer) for more than 30 years. Some of the products were real duds like this one.

My intention has been to reassure other Roxio customers that the fault lies with Roxio, not us customers. And to persuade Roxio to give us a refund for our money instead of insulting our intelligence.

Knowledgable advice comes from being asked sensible questions and responding to any queries that may be put. You apparently don';t know how to do that

As you are apparently too full of yourself to lower yourself to actually SAYING what the problem is, but prefer to vent, NOT to Roxio, but to other users of the software, you obviously have no idea as to how to do anything at all

Your only posts that I have seen are all the same thing - a reasonless rant complaining that you have a dozen different problems

Possibly the biggest dud here is yourself - I've been in the computer game dince the days of the Z80 and Intel 8080 (btw those were about 27 years ago, so if you've been 'working with PC programs for over 30 years', I'd like to know just HOW, considering they didn't really come along until the 16 bit CPUs)

Considering how 'knowledgable' you purport to be - perhaps you would care to write a program yourself?

Knowledgable advice comes from being asked sensible questions and responding to any queries that may be put. You apparently don';t know how to do that

As you are apparently too full of yourself to lower yourself to actually SAYING what the problem is, but prefer to vent, NOT to Roxio, but to other users of the software, you obviously have no idea as to how to do anything at all

Your only posts that I have seen are all the same thing - a reasonless rant complaining that you have a dozen different problems

Possibly the biggest dud here is yourself - I've been in the computer game dince the days of the Z80 and Intel 8080 (btw those were about 27 years ago, so if you've been 'working with PC programs for over 30 years', I'd like to know just HOW, considering they didn't really come along until the 16 bit CPUs)

Considering how 'knowledgable' you purport to be - perhaps you would care to write a program yourself?

gi7omy you are giving away your age. Obviously as old as rocks and I. I however got my first Apple I in Sept 1976, over 30 years ago, so it is possible, but unlikely given his writtings.