• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Record Now 8

dawoodcock@waitrose.

Question

Sorry if this is the incorrect forum but I can't find one for Record Now. I purchased a download of this last night, tried to use it tonight to record internet radio (my main reason for buying this upgrade), click on the link on the Roxio page and the page sort of closes, swoops down to the task bar, swoops up again and re-opens exactly where it was. I click on the option to convert LPs to MP3s and I get memory error and it closes Roxio down. I reported all of this in an incident log which says record now is not supported. Cannot understand why something I was able to buy last night is not supported. Wrote a full account in the incident log, all other options in the download are working but I have all those other options in my original version of Record Now that came with my computer, I want the two options that are not working.

The advice I was given was either to make a phone call to a number which is certainly not a UK number so will doubtless cost me a fortune to call it, there is nothing to say what the cost of a call is but most technical help lines cost quite a lot per minute. Or I could link to this site but I have gone round and round on this site and can find no way other than posting on here of getting any assistance as I can't find Record Now on this discussion base, and the help pages for Record Now tell me what to do when I open the part of the application I want to use - but as I can't open it I am stuck. So I have bought a package that at the moment is totally useless to me, I cannot get hold of anyone other than by a phone call with no idea of the cost of that and at the moment I just want a refund of my money and to uninstall this programme.

Is there anybody out there who can offer any help? Why do parts of the package I have purchased not work? Why is something that was offered to me via e-mail not supported? If I had known it was not supported I would not have bought it. I am totally fed up of purchasing programs that do not work and cause me considerable wasted time, tonight I had hoped to use the program I purchased, instead I have encountered frustration after frustration and wasted a whole evening trying to sort it out.

As you can tell I'm not a happy bunny and some sensible advice would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Sorry if this is the incorrect forum but I can't find one for Record Now. I purchased a download of this last night, tried to use it tonight to record internet radio (my main reason for buying this upgrade), click on the link on the Roxio page and the page sort of closes, swoops down to the task bar, swoops up again and re-opens exactly where it was. I click on the option to convert LPs to MP3s and I get memory error and it closes Roxio down. I reported all of this in an incident log which says record now is not supported. Cannot understand why something I was able to buy last night is not supported. Wrote a full account in the incident log, all other options in the download are working but I have all those other options in my original version of Record Now that came with my computer, I want the two options that are not working.

The advice I was given was either to make a phone call to a number which is certainly not a UK number so will doubtless cost me a fortune to call it, there is nothing to say what the cost of a call is but most technical help lines cost quite a lot per minute. Or I could link to this site but I have gone round and round on this site and can find no way other than posting on here of getting any assistance as I can't find Record Now on this discussion base, and the help pages for Record Now tell me what to do when I open the part of the application I want to use - but as I can't open it I am stuck. So I have bought a package that at the moment is totally useless to me, I cannot get hold of anyone other than by a phone call with no idea of the cost of that and at the moment I just want a refund of my money and to uninstall this programme.

Is there anybody out there who can offer any help? Why do parts of the package I have purchased not work? Why is something that was offered to me via e-mail not supported? If I had known it was not supported I would not have bought it. I am totally fed up of purchasing programs that do not work and cause me considerable wasted time, tonight I had hoped to use the program I purchased, instead I have encountered frustration after frustration and wasted a whole evening trying to sort it out.

As you can tell I'm not a happy bunny and some sensible advice would be appreciated.

Record Now is a Sonic product. I don't know if they have forums, but you could do a search.

Thanks - sorry, when I wrote the above I was rather angry as I was getting nowhere. I have Windows XP SP2 and a Hewlett Packard PC with 200 GB of memory. Sonic Record Now 7 came with the PC. Sonic mailed me about an update with Record Now 8 which will capture internet audio and convert vinyl to MP3 - this weekend I thought I would have time to do the latter so decided to upgrade. The Roxio program that downloads is identical to the Sonic but with additional functions - I bought the Premier version.

Downloaded and tried to open both the above applications and both failed.

Clicking on capturing internet audio does nothing, (well the window disappears and then re-appears exactly as it was).

Clicking on the option to transfer vinyl to MP3 gives the following error message: "application error - the instruction at OxO1d7bb85 referenced memory at 0x000000000 the memory could not be 'read'"

Clicking on all other options on the screens opens the approppriate menus, although I haven't yet tested if any of these actually work, but presume they do. But I already have all those functions, it's the two I mention above that I bought the upgrade for and they are not loading. I am about to uninstall the program and re-download it and re-install it to see if that helps.

Sorry about the waffle about the help - but I found it very frustrating that when accessing their support section the package they sold me was not supported, I find that rather odd as I expect some form of support for any computer program. It doesn't help that I thought I was buying a Sonic product and it turns out to be a Roxio one which Roxio also don't seem to have much support for. Any help you guys can give if the re-download doesn't work would be appreciated. I'll pop back here later.

Yes developed by Sonic but listed and sold by Roxio on their site. I guess we'll have to learn something about that program ! :) (remember the phone posts?)

Perhaps a better place would be on the "general" board but for now this is good enough. Your post was long but was mostly about Roxio- the company - and not about the program. Please separate the wheat from the chaff. Please describe your problem and be careful; sometimes I could not follow what pages were opening and closing and which ones were give you the not supported error. What version do you have (Essentials or ?)

You can also get to Roxio tech support by going to the left under customer service and sending an e-mail. You may have to go through server pages to get there (like talking to Roxanne).

Please list your computer specifications and what Operating System are you using (XP, 2000, etc? Look at the signatures and see what you should post.

Record Now is a Sonic product. I don't know if they have forums, but you could do a search.

Well I've removed the program and reinstalled. Same problem except the two programs have swapped problems (the one that had an error message last time now just does not open, the one that would not open now has the error message).

Clicking on the on line support in the package brings me to this site which has no on line support for this program. Time wasting in the extreme.

Googling for any other forum takes me to one that also tells me to come to this site, and the small amount I have read on that one indicates many have had problems with this program.

My original version of Record Now is still on the PC, could there be some conflict between the two? I am loath to remove the original version as I know it works and I may be asking for my money back on this program and could be left then with no program at all. Anyone any experience of that?

Well I've removed the program and reinstalled. Same problem except the two programs have swapped problems (the one that had an error message last time now just does not open, the one that would not open now has the error message).

Clicking on the on line support in the package brings me to this site which has no on line support for this program. Time wasting in the extreme.

Googling for any other forum takes me to one that also tells me to come to this site, and the small amount I have read on that one indicates many have had problems with this program.

My original version of Record Now is still on the PC, could there be some conflict between the two? I am loath to remove the original version as I know it works and I may be asking for my money back on this program and could be left then with no program at all. Anyone any experience of that?

It's entirely possible that there's a conflict between the two versions. One solution would be to first make an image backup of your HD so you can guarantee getting back to the current working state of RecordNow 7. Then you could try uninstalling it. But, no certaintees that will solve the problem.

Sonic bought Roxio awhile back, thus the intermingling of sites and support. Keep in mind too that these boards are "manned" by volunteers/users who do what we can to help out. It'd be great, obviously, if someone who has RecordNow 8 showed up with an answer, until then... you're stuck with us "guessers".

It's entirely possible that there's a conflict between the two versions. One solution would be to first make an image backup of your HD so you can guarantee getting back to the current working state of RecordNow 7. Then you could try uninstalling it. But, no certaintees that will solve the problem.

Sonic bought Roxio awhile back, thus the intermingling of sites and support. Keep in mind too that these boards are "manned" by volunteers/users who do what we can to help out. It'd be great, obviously, if someone who has RecordNow 8 showed up with an answer, until then... you're stuck with us "guessers".

As I heard no more from Roxio I gave up and asked for a refund from Sonic (or their agents) who sold me the product which they willingly gave me - but a pity that there was no Roxio help for me to find out why the package would not work on my PC. It might have been worth sorting out what was causing the problem - these PCs are provided by my company under the home computing initiative and there are about 3000 people out there with Record Now who all might potentially want to upgrade to this version and will all have the same problem as they have the identical PC and software to me. All of those people will have received the upgrade e-mail that I received.

Archived