• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I Can Not Get My Photo Dvd To Play On My Tv Dvd Player

jill6886

Question

:blink: I am NOT very computer literate but I am using the red box to burn by photos to a dvd.

It plays on my computer but not on my tv dvd player. I am using the data disk option, draging my photo folder to the center and hitting the red button. It burns the dvd but when I put it in my tv dvd player it says "no disk"

Also I took the dvd to target to see if it would read on the Kodak photo printer but it would not.

Any help (again , in simple teram) would be great.

My computer is using Windows XP.

Thanks

Edited by jill6886

3 answers to this question

DVD players don't know what a data disc is - you need to use Videowave (if it's included) or another app to create a slide show

Not having the red box variant I can't be certain what is or what isn't included, but check for MyDVD, Photosuite or similar

Hello Jill,

My DVD players [an ordinary Philips DVP640K and an el-cheapo no-name Chinese one] will both recognize data discs and play any AVI or MPG, or MP3, or JPG files they find on the data discs, however many older DVD players won't do this - in fact some of the old ones won't even recognize burned discs, and will only play silver "pressed" commercial CDs and DVDs.

(1) Does the Kodak photo printer have a DVD reader, or does it only handle CDs?

A data DVD made using the Data Disc option the way you did should be a standard disc readable by these machines, unless they only read CDs. Your computer reads it, so it's written properly. You need to check at Target to see what their machine can read.

(2) for your older set-top DVD player there are two issues. -You need to find out if it will read burned discs rather than only pressed ones, and if it will you'll need to make "Video-DVD compliant" discs to play in it since it doesn't read ordinary data discs.

The Video-compliant DVD you need to make is a slideshow. Here's how to do it in Easy CD and DVD burning.

-In the "Home" menu click on 'Photo" in the left column. The Photo Guide menu will open. Select "Create Slideshow"

-the Slideshow Assistant will open, and you add content [photos and background audio], adjust things, and click Next

-you then customize the slideshow it you wish, adding effects and adjusting slide duration, and click Next

-you then save the project, burn it to disc, or create a Slideshow file.

-if you select Burn to disc, the slideshow is then passed over to MyDVD Express for burning to DVD.

Now while this may look 'Easy", the guy who called it that was a salesman. :( It's really quite complicated, and you need a manual.

There's no Manual for the Easy CD and DVD Burning [RedBox] software, but it so happens this is a cut-down version of Easy Media Creator 9 and there is a manual for EMC 9. You can download it free from this topic and it might help you a lot on the parts of EMC 9 that you have in your software. There's also the on-line Help system, and tutorials available.

I think that you can only have one slideshow on a DVD, and you can't add to one you've already written because the disc is finalized during the burn. However your first task really needs to be making a quick slideshow and sacrificing a disc if necessary, to see if your player will read burned discs.

Once you've established that, you can try your hand at making fancy slideshows. You can save a project and add to it or change it as much as you like. It's only the burned disc that is finalized. You can even get a rewriteable disc to try things out with, but be aware that some of the older players don't like RW discs, even if they will tolerate burned discs.

I think that's about the best I can do for you at the moment. There's more information in the EMC 9 forums, as long as you remember you don't have all the programs that are in EMC 9.

If you need more help, please ask.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello Jill,

My DVD players [an ordinary Philips DVP640K and an el-cheapo no-name Chinese one] will both recognize data discs and play any AVI or MPG, or MP3, or JPG files they find on the data discs, however many older DVD players won't do this - in fact some of the old ones won't even recognize burned discs, and will only play silver "pressed" commercial CDs and DVDs.

(1) Does the Kodak photo printer have a DVD reader, or does it only handle CDs?

A data DVD made using the Data Disc option the way you did should be a standard disc readable by these machines, unless they only read CDs. Your computer reads it, so it's written properly. You need to check at Target to see what their machine can read.

(2) for your older set-top DVD player there are two issues. -You need to find out if it will read burned discs rather than only pressed ones, and if it will you'll need to make "Video-DVD compliant" discs to play in it since it doesn't read ordinary data discs.

The Video-compliant DVD you need to make is a slideshow. Here's how to do it in Easy CD and DVD burning.

-In the "Home" menu click on 'Photo" in the left column. The Photo Guide menu will open. Select "Create Slideshow"

-the Slideshow Assistant will open, and you add content [photos and background audio], adjust things, and click Next

-you then customize the slideshow it you wish, adding effects and adjusting slide duration, and click Next

-you then save the project, burn it to disc, or create a Slideshow file.

-if you select Burn to disc, the slideshow is then passed over to MyDVD Express for burning to DVD.

Now while this may look 'Easy", the guy who called it that was a salesman. :( It's really quite complicated, and you need a manual.

There's no Manual for the Easy CD and DVD Burning [RedBox] software, but it so happens this is a cut-down version of Easy Media Creator 9 and there is a manual for EMC 9. You can download it free from this topic and it might help you a lot on the parts of EMC 9 that you have in your software. There's also the on-line Help system, and tutorials available.

I think that you can only have one slideshow on a DVD, and you can't add to one you've already written because the disc is finalized during the burn. However your first task really needs to be making a quick slideshow and sacrificing a disc if necessary, to see if your player will read burned discs.

Once you've established that, you can try your hand at making fancy slideshows. You can save a project and add to it or change it as much as you like. It's only the burned disc that is finalized. You can even get a rewriteable disc to try things out with, but be aware that some of the older players don't like RW discs, even if they will tolerate burned discs.

I think that's about the best I can do for you at the moment. There's more information in the EMC 9 forums, as long as you remember you don't have all the programs that are in EMC 9.

If you need more help, please ask.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you for you help in this.

I understand what you are saying and will try a few things. Maybe there is no dvd reader on the Kodak machine.

Thanks for putting it in a simple terms for me.

Jill