• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Different Problem

Erick

Question

I am having this exact issue as well. Very Frustrating. Tried the famous clean install, removed some RAM, tried everything on these boards and then some. I have a vista ult. 32bit install with 3gb ram. I was trying this product due to all the issues with Nero9, what a bust this has turned out to be. Nero at least runs after 20 windows installer errors. Roxio Creator 2009 ult. install with no errors, but won't run. I was looking forward to this, and tech support has had no response to me except the clean install. I even created a new admin user, and get the same problem. Any help is appreciated, I really like the look and features of Creator 2009 ult. I wonder if the boxed media is having the same issues?

3 answers to this question

I am having this exact issue as well. Very Frustrating. Tried the famous clean install, removed some RAM, tried everything on these boards and then some. I have a vista ult. 32bit install with 3gb ram. I was trying this product due to all the issues with Nero9, what a bust this has turned out to be. Nero at least runs after 20 windows installer errors. Roxio Creator 2009 ult. install with no errors, but won't run. I was looking forward to this, and tech support has had no response to me except the clean install. I even created a new admin user, and get the same problem. Any help is appreciated, I really like the look and features of Creator 2009 ult. I wonder if the boxed media is having the same issues?

Review:

Tried Nero – 'runs after 20 errors'

Tried Roxio – 'don't work' (I can't find anything specific in that paragraph? :huh: )

Solutions???

It is not software! – Grab your Vista CD - Format your HD and keep your system neat and clean.

I am not really joking - you sytem is where the problem is. I would get a new HD and start clean. That way you you have the old one to transfer data from.

Jim, I maintain a very clean system, the Nero errors are common with the new version 9 not isolated to myself, it was referenced as an example to show that the software companies are getting a little lax. I did not go into details about my error with Roxio because it was exactly the same issue as the post I replied to. My trouble shooting was the same. I should not have to format a system to get a piece of software to run. 17 years in IT, I know how to maintain a system. I guess all these issues that people are having with the roxio install are just dirty pc's. Thanks for your help.

I guess all these issues that people are having with the roxio install are just dirty pc's. Thanks for your help.
Yes, most likely they are. As someone who has been around PCs 17 years, you should also know how easy it is for the registry to get corrupt especially on machines that are not maintained at all.

Most of us here have C2009 Ultimate running fine. In fact, I just reinstalled it yesterday because I did a drive image restore for a completely unrelated problem with another piece of software. C2009 installation went fine. I even dual boot with WinXP Media Center 2005 SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP1. C2009 installed and runs fine on both partitions.

I'm no programmer, but if there was a serious problem with the software or the install, logically more users would be having the same issue. I don't know of any application that works 100% of the time for 100% of the users. Not even Windows itself.