• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

asandull

Creating Label In Emc8 But Emc 7.5 Is Opening To Edit

Question

I was trying to create a label in EMC8. I started from MyDVD, tools, labels. After I chose my template and such I wanted to edit it. When I click the Edit in label creator option, EMC 7.5 is opening and telling me the selected file is not a valid label creator document.

Please dont tell me I have to unstill/reinstall... :)

7 answers to this question

I was trying to create a label in EMC8. I started from MyDVD, tools, labels. After I chose my template and such I wanted to edit it. When I click the Edit in label creator option, EMC 7.5 is opening and telling me the selected file is not a valid label creator document.

Please dont tell me I have to unstill/reinstall... :)

Have you tried opening Label Creator, the direct link to the label program? I have no clue why you would go through My DVD to create a label. It doesn't make sense to me.

Have you tried opening Label Creator, the direct link to the label program? I have no clue why you would go through My DVD to create a label. It doesn't make sense to me.

Hello

I was in MyDVD and finished up my video so from there went to tools because there is a label option and figured it would just copy my DVD menu style, which it did. But when I went to edit it further, it took me to EMC 7.5.

Yes, I did try opening the direct link under Applications on the Roxio EMC8 main page and it is opening 7.5... weird huh?

Then if open the express label in tools, it ends up getting sent to 7.5 as well...

Hello

I was in MyDVD and finished up my video so from there went to tools because there is a label option and figured it would just copy my DVD menu style, which it did. But when I went to edit it further, it took me to EMC 7.5.

Yes, I did try opening the direct link under Applications on the Roxio EMC8 main page and it is opening 7.5... weird huh?

Then if open the express label in tools, it ends up getting sent to 7.5 as well...

Did you install 7.5 after 8? If you did just do a repair install of 8.

Hello

Okay. I installed my EMC 7.5, after I installed EMC 8. The same thing happens to me. To get the EMC 8 version of Label Maker, go through the Start/All Programs/Roxio EMC 8/Tools/Label Maker.

Did you install 7.5 after 8? If you did just do a repair install of 8.

EMC 8 was installed first, then EMC 7.5.

I dont have the disc for 8 becuase I purchased it as a download. Can I do a repair install without it?

Thanks!

Bruce, thank you. I tried through start and it opened fine...

EMC 8 was installed first, then EMC 7.5.

I dont have the disc for 8 becuase I purchased it as a download. Can I do a repair install without it?

Thanks!

Bruce, thank you. I tried through start and it opened fine...

High fives to you. DON'T do the repair of version 8. There is no need to do that.

High fives to you. DON'T do the repair of version 8. There is no need to do that.

Oh good becuase I'd probaby mess something up... LOL.

Have a great day!