• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What Is The Difference Between These Products?

tlogo

Question

I purchased a Dell computer and purchased Roxio at the same time. I didn't get it for free with the system, I selected the Roxio product and made sure it wasn't the 'entry level' version. The additional cost was significant.

I received 2 Roxio cd's. Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE and Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 Premier. What is the difference, and why would I receive both? I don't see anything at all special about this product and am extremely disappointed. I owned a very early version of Roxio and it seemed to have more robust features than what I now have. I created awesome videos back then, and after all of these years, I had very high expectations.

Am I missing something?

:angry:

3 answers to this question

I purchased a Dell computer and purchased Roxio at the same time. I didn't get it for free with the system, I selected the Roxio product and made sure it wasn't the 'entry level' version. The additional cost was significant.

I received 2 Roxio cd's. Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE and Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 Premier.

<snip>

Am I missing something?

Am I right in guessing you paid this "significant" additional cost to DELL, and not direct to Roxio ??

Both versions are cut-down OEM software. Apart from being cut-down OEM versions, they are also two versions behind the current Roxio product.

You need to ask DELL why they have done this to you.

I received 2 Roxio cd's. Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE and Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 Premier. What is the difference, and why would I receive both? I don't see anything at all special about this product and am extremely disappointed. I owned a very early version of Roxio and it seemed to have more robust features than what I now have. I created awesome videos back then, and after all of these years, I had very high expectations.

Am I missing something?

Can you point me to a link where either versions mentioned in your post are sold and that you actually bought this product and was not a bundled option.