jao

"no Drive Detected"

Question

Hey everyone.

Just received Roxio 2009 creator. Installed on my Vista 64 Business and it does not recognize my LG drive (GDR-H30N). I've installed RX Engine 4, no use. No other burning software was installed before. Only Daemon Tools lite, but deleting it did not solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

What are you expecting the drive in question to do? Do you intend to burn with the drive? If yes, then that will never happen. To know why click here

Perhaps the op's belief that it could write to discs is understandable -- the drive's website curiously lists the product as a "DVD_ROM (writer)" :blink: :

manualpd2.gif

If you read the manual, though, it's clear it only reads discs....

Nowhere do I see anything at that link about being able to write.Even the specs show read speeds only.

That's why it's ROM-Read Only Memory.

Hey everyone.

Just received Roxio 2009 creator. Installed on my Vista 64 Business and it does not recognize my LG drive (GDR-H30N). I've installed RX Engine 4, no use. No other burning software was installed before. Only Daemon Tools lite, but deleting it did not solve the problem

There's a sticky on the Daemon Tools forum that provides info on resolving possible conflicts between Roxio and Daemon however as was noted, it appears your LG GDR-H30N is not write capable.

DAEMON LINK:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/f26/my-rea...es-missing-440/

Nowhere do I see anything at that link about being able to write.Even the specs show read speeds only.

That's why it's ROM-Read Only Memory.

But isn't it odd to call the product a DVD_ROM(Writer) if it doesn't write? I was just saying it is a little strange to use the term "writer" w/ the product.

Edited by Syrallas

Sorry,on that link Daithi provided I don't see that anywhere.Guess I must be overlooking it. :blink:

Ahhh,I see it now on the page you were looking at.Yes,that is weird.

Edited by tbrewst

What link? I didn't post any link :ninja:

I did notice tho on the LG webpage it says it has buffer under run prevention technology - now why would a DVD-ROM need THAT??

Thanks for you time guys. Changing my device. Sorry for possibly dumb question and may bad if you felt like you've wasted your time.

All the best.