• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Lp & Tape Assistant Record Problem

jerrywiley2

Question

I am using EMC 8 and I am trying to record my LPs so that I can edit them and put them to CD. When I hit "Record" I have a strong signal, but when I "Stop" I get the following message: "The file does not exist or is not a supported audio file." This is mystifying because I have previously recorded many LPs in the Tape Assistant. Now, the only file available is mp3 and I want to go to a wave file, like I had previously done...but it no longer exists. Somehow I must have made a change somewhere and I'm looking for suggestions as to how to again make my transfers to CD. Please help, if you can. Thanks. Jerry

4 answers to this question

I am using EMC 8 and I am trying to record my LPs so that I can edit them and put them to CD. When I hit "Record" I have a strong signal, but when I "Stop" I get the following message: "The file does not exist or is not a supported audio file." This is mystifying because I have previously recorded many LPs in the Tape Assistant. Now, the only file available is mp3 and I want to go to a wave file, like I had previously done...but it no longer exists. Somehow I must have made a change somewhere and I'm looking for suggestions as to how to again make my transfers to CD. Please help, if you can. Thanks. Jerry

Open the Lp & Tape Assistant, then have a look inside the "Advanced Options" and see if .wav is selected.

Open the Lp & Tape Assistant, then have a look inside the "Advanced Options" and see if .wav is selected.

Ogdens,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the Advanced Options, File Format, and am only given the option of .mp3. Also, when clicking on the encoder I get just one choice: Lame mp3 encoder. Could there be other options I overlooked?

JW2

Ogdens,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the Advanced Options, File Format, and am only given the option of .mp3. Also, when clicking on the encoder I get just one choice: Lame mp3 encoder. Could there be other options I overlooked?

JW2

I have solved the problem by uninstalling the program and reinstalling it again. Perhaps the previous program had a missing file, or a glitch. Anyway, thanks for answering my plea. JW2