• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Burning Won't Fully Complete

I have Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 and am having a problem with DVD's that will reach 100% of the phase completion, but freezes at 10% of the burning process. I have been using this software for 2 years and have never had this issue. I am using the same media for burning as I have used for other successful projects. I also flashed the updated firmware to the OEM drive about 1 month ago, so it's not the drive. The most recent update that may have caused the issue was the last Windows XP update that installed on Monday. That's the only change in my system and software that I can determine as a possible cause.

I already manually updated all of the software updates for Creator 6 from www.roxio.com (although figuring out that I had to turn off popups and Norton IS was frustrating).

Any suggestions?

I have Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 and am having a problem with DVD's that will reach 100% of the phase completion, but freezes at 10% of the burning process. I have been using this software for 2 years and have never had this issue. I am using the same media for burning as I have used for other successful projects. I also flashed the updated firmware to the OEM drive about 1 month ago, so it's not the drive. The most recent update that may have caused the issue was the last Windows XP update that installed on Monday. That's the only change in my system and software that I can determine as a possible cause.

I already manually updated all of the software updates for Creator 6 from www.roxio.com (although figuring out that I had to turn off popups and Norton IS was frustrating).

Any suggestions?

Could be that the burner is reaching the end of its' life span…

Try burning to file (ISO) then burning the ISO file separately.

• 2 weeks later...
Could be that the burner is reaching the end of its' life span…

Try burning to file (ISO) then burning the ISO file separately.

I did do that and the ISO file still with not burn using East CD & DVD Creator 6. I have since purchased EMC 8 and EMC has a similar issue. With EMC 8, I can't burn a DVD directly from a project (but unlike East CD & DVD Creator 6, EMC 8 will go through the whole process, but then the disc will not read in any machine or player), but with EMC 8 I can burn an ISO file and then burn it to disc using EMC's disc copier.

It's kind of a pain in the butt to have to burn a 4GB ISO file to your hard drive and then burn it to disc when you don't need to.

Is their anything you can suggest?

I did do that and the ISO file still with not burn using East CD & DVD Creator 6. I have since purchased EMC 8 and EMC has a similar issue. With EMC 8, I can't burn a DVD directly from a project (but unlike East CD & DVD Creator 6, EMC 8 will go through the whole process, but then the disc will not read in any machine or player), but with EMC 8 I can burn an ISO file and then burn it to disc using EMC's disc copier.

It's kind of a pain in the butt to have to burn a 4GB ISO file to your hard drive and then burn it to disc when you don't need to.

Is their anything you can suggest?

2 different software's and your burner still won't burn…

Program works fine.

Before replacing the burner, I would try a firmware update, cleaning the lens and different media.

I would also try a Data DVD project from Classic just to see what it does. DVD RW media would be good to use here so you don't waste discs.

The ISO route is what almost all of Gurus here use. A waste of time is rendering to the burner and having it fail. Then you get to do it all over again. With an ISO file you can burn it whenever you like and make copies without ever rendering it again.

Archived