Multiple Video Tracks?

centrinoblue

Question

Hello,

I just purchased and installed Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate because I saw this link saying:

"VideoWave’s powerful 32 track timeline editor gives you greater control over your video editing"

However after launching the application I only see the ability to have 1 video track. It looks like I can add multiple overlay and FX tracks but not video.

Is that true?

If so I feel very ripped off. I looked all over trying to confirm if I could have multiple video tracks but only found the above misleading bullet point. Roxio doesn't provide an ability to download a demo so I had to purchase and wait for hours for download and installation.

Can someone confirm this is the case or maybe I am missing something.

cheers

8 answers to this question

Hello,

I just purchased and installed Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate because I saw this link saying:

However after launching the application I only see the ability to have 1 video track. It looks like I can add multiple overlay and FX tracks but not video.

Is that true?

If so I feel very ripped off. I looked all over trying to confirm if I could have multiple video tracks but only found the above misleading bullet point. Roxio doesn't provide an ability to download a demo so I had to purchase and wait for hours for download and installation.

cheers

No, it isn't true. What are you trying to do? You can add video, as an overlay by dragging the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th videos, to the overlay tracks.

Edited by grandpabruce

Hello,

Is that true?

cheers

You are missing it! Each one of the overlay tracks is a video track where you can add any video and/or image. The main video track has 5 overlay video tracks and the internal track has another 5 overlay tracks.

Thank you for your quick reply GranpaBruce,

Do you know if there are any differences between an Overlay and a Video track? I am used to working with Final Cut Pro which allows you to add as many video tracks as you like. There isn't a distinction between Overlay and Video. My understanding of Overlay is that is mainly for placing graphical elements and titles, not for full video clips.

Thank you for your quick reply GranpaBruce,

Do you know if there are any differences between an Overlay and a Video track? I am used to working with Final Cut Pro which allows you to add as many video tracks as you like. There isn't a distinction between Overlay and Video. My understanding of Overlay is that is mainly for placing graphical elements and titles, not for full video clips.

I don't know anything about Final Cut Pro, but you haven't answered my question.

I have used the overlay tracks for videos and photos. The text tracks are for adding text. The audio tracks are for adding audio.

Some of the things I would like to do with 'other' video tracks:

• slide them on the time line
  • Add more than one clip per overlay
  • drag clips between tracks
  • basically anything I can do on a Video track I would like to do with an Overlay track

From playing around with VideoWave, it looks like I can split the video track on the Overlay but can't move it on the timeline, or drag clips between overlay tracks and video track. I guess I am asking too much of this application. I just wish the promotional material was more clear or that Roxio provided a demo version so people can try it out before purchasing it.

Some of the things I would like to do with 'other' video tracks:

• slide them on the time line
  • Add more than one clip per overlay
  • drag clips between tracks
  • basically anything I can do on a Video track I would like to do with an Overlay track

From playing around with VideoWave, it looks like I can split the video track on the Overlay but can't move it on the timeline, or drag clips between overlay tracks and video track. I guess I am asking too much of this application. I just wish the promotional material was more clear or that Roxio provided a demo version so people can try it out before purchasing it.

-You can easily slide an overlay anywhere on the timeline as long as the overlay clip is shorted in time then the main track

-you can add as many clips to the overlay tracks as there is room

-you cannot track the clips from one track to another but they can be dragged from the media selector to the tracks

-no, you cannot do on the overlay everything that you can do on the main track but then you can do on the overlay track things that you cannot do on the main track.

Comparing Final Cut Pro to C2009 is not fair consaidering the price difference. If you bought the downloaded version there is a 30 days period during which you can claim a refund.

Thanks again for your quick responses. After a little more research I found the Corel MediaStudio Pro 8 which looks like it has the track feature I am looking for. It is a little more expensive but still a lot cheaper than FCP, Premiere, Avid, etc.

thanks again

At 4x the price of C2009 I would expect it to have lot more features :rolleyes:

According to the website, MediaStudio Pro8 does not run under Vista nor does Corel plan any future updates