• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Cd

itsme51

Question

I made one video CD slideshow using VideoWave. Worked great. Second project not so good. Playback is fine until about the last minute or so then audio and video both begin to stop/start/jerk/jump until the end. Tried another CD thinking the CD was defective. Same problem. Any suggestions?

11 answers to this question

I played back on DVD player.

Serious time gap there. :) Did you try it in the computer? If it plays there, the burn is good, and you need to switch brands/type of DVD media, because your set top DVD player does not like what you are using.

If it doesn't play in your computer, then you have a bad burn and will have to try it again.

Serious time gap there. :) Did you try it in the computer? If it plays there, the burn is good, and you need to switch brands/type of DVD media, because your set top DVD player does not like what you are using.

If it doesn't play in your computer, then you have a bad burn and will have to try it again.

LOL. Yes I'm such a rookie I couldn't get back to this forum! Thanks for the reply. Since my original post have graduated to DVDs rather than CDs. Now I have a new problem maybe you can help me solve. I was so proud that I was capable of creating a slide show with transitions and music on VideoWave. Feeling pretty good then I went through what seems to be standard procedure from reading this forum. DVD player doesn't like DVD speed, burn speed, etc. Requires experimenting with all the variables. My head hurts! Finally I was able to burn a DVD that worked in my player. Since I needed 8 copies for various family member I burned more. Second one OK. DVD burns 3 through 8 all have the same problem. At one of the music fade out/fade in points rather than fading out the music hiccups and stops and then the next song fades in nicely as it should. I have tried ajusting fade times, start/stop times and nothing works. How do I get that one piece of music to fade out and why did it work on DVDs 1 and 2 and not on the rest that I burned?

Thanks,

itsme51 susiekay

LOL. Yes I'm such a rookie I couldn't get back to this forum! Thanks for the reply. Since my original post have graduated to DVDs rather than CDs. Now I have a new problem maybe you can help me solve. I was so proud that I was capable of creating a slide show with transitions and music on VideoWave. Feeling pretty good then I went through what seems to be standard procedure from reading this forum. DVD player doesn't like DVD speed, burn speed, etc. Requires experimenting with all the variables. My head hurts! Finally I was able to burn a DVD that worked in my player. Since I needed 8 copies for various family member I burned more. Second one OK. DVD burns 3 through 8 all have the same problem. At one of the music fade out/fade in points rather than fading out the music hiccups and stops and then the next song fades in nicely as it should. I have tried ajusting fade times, start/stop times and nothing works. How do I get that one piece of music to fade out and why did it work on DVDs 1 and 2 and not on the rest that I burned?

Thanks,

itsme51 susiekay

Did you burn to an ISO file in DVD Builder? If so, reboot between each burn, and see if that makes a difference. A royal pain, but if it works, do it.

:)

Did you burn to an ISO file in DVD Builder? If so, reboot between each burn, and see if that makes a difference. A royal pain, but if it works, do it.

Gee, I don't know if I burned to an ISO file. What is that and how would I know if I had? It's obvious I don't undersatnd enough.

What brand of media? What speed is the media and what spped are you burning at? How are you making the copy's? Off the hard drive files, or disc copy 1 or 2?

cdanteek

After problems with other brands I found one that was much more cooperative and gave me better luck. I am using Sony. My 2 "good" burns were on Sony DVD+R 1x-8x but when burns 3 and 4 added the hiccup at the end of the one piece of music I switched to Sony DVD+R1x-16x for comparison. The swich in media didn't help.

I'm not sure what speed I'm burning at . I think it is 8x

To make my additonal DVDs I open DVD Builder, open my project and click the "burn" button.

thanks

itsme51 susiekay

After problems with other brands I found one that was much more cooperative and gave me better luck. I am using Sony. My 2 "good" burns were on Sony DVD+R 1x-8x but when burns 3 and 4 added the hiccup at the end of the one piece of music I switched to Sony DVD+R1x-16x for comparison. The swich in media didn't help.

I'm not sure what speed I'm burning at . I think it is 8x

To make my additonal DVDs I open DVD Builder, open my project and click the "burn" button.

thanks

itsme51 susiekay

Okay, try doing it this way: (Note that this is a post that I made well over a year ago, and it references slide shows from start to finish. :) )

First of all, it is best to build your slideshow in VideoWave, save it, then click on the burn button, (DVD icon) which will open DVD Builder. Pick DVD for project type, then make any changes that you want for the background picture that will show on the DVD when it comes up, in your set top player. You can make other changes as well, such as what music will play at the Menu screen. Save your production in DVD Builder, too.

Now, click on the burn icon. Uncheck the Burn to DVD option and check the Burn to Image File option. In the Advanced Options, pick best, and also, in the dropdown box, pick whether you want the production to play through or whatever you want. Also, make sure that NTSC is showing, if you live in the U.S.

Pick a name and location for the ISO file, and click Burn. Once the file is burned, open Disc Copier, click on the Advanced Options, click in the circle to the left of Disc Image or DVD Video Folder, browse for the ISO file that you just made, click on it, and it will load into Disc Copier. You can then burn it to DVD. This ISO option works best, for most.

Prior to doing all of this, defrag your hard drive, get rid of all spyware on your computer, using AdAware or Spybot, and make sure that your DVD burner has the latest firmware update.

The good thing about going the ISO route, you can use that ISO to burn as many discs as you want. You don't have to go through the encoding process again, (clicking on burn in DVD Builder) like you were doing.

Guest mlpasley

OR....If you're using Easy Media Creator 8.....

You can put that first or second DVD into your DVD drive. (Since you know that they work, you can copy those.)

Then use Disk Copier to copy the files from the DVD to an 'image file' (.iso) on your hard drive. Make certain that you know where the file is being stored.

Then use Disk Copier to burn the .iso file to multiple DVDs. When you use an image (.iso) file, each copy will be exactly the same and you don't have to encode each time.

Okay, try doing it this way: (Note that this is a post that I made well over a year ago, and it references slide shows from start to finish. :) )

First of all, it is best to build your slideshow in VideoWave, save it, then click on the burn button, (DVD icon) which will open DVD Builder. Pick DVD for project type, then make any changes that you want for the background picture that will show on the DVD when it comes up, in your set top player. You can make other changes as well, such as what music will play at the Menu screen. Save your production in DVD Builder, too.

Now, click on the burn icon. Uncheck the Burn to DVD option and check the Burn to Image File option. In the Advanced Options, pick best, and also, in the dropdown box, pick whether you want the production to play through or whatever you want. Also, make sure that NTSC is showing, if you live in the U.S.

Pick a name and location for the ISO file, and click Burn. Once the file is burned, open Disc Copier, click on the Advanced Options, click in the circle to the left of Disc Image or DVD Video Folder, browse for the ISO file that you just made, click on it, and it will load into Disc Copier. You can then burn it to DVD. This ISO option works best, for most.

Prior to doing all of this, defrag your hard drive, get rid of all spyware on your computer, using AdAware or Spybot, and make sure that your DVD burner has the latest firmware update.

The good thing about going the ISO route, you can use that ISO to burn as many discs as you want. You don't have to go through the encoding process again, (clicking on burn in DVD Builder) like you were doing.

Thanks for all the detail !! I really appreciate it. I will try this.

itsme51 susiekay :huh:

OR....If you're using Easy Media Creator 8.....

You can put that first or second DVD into your DVD drive. (Since you know that they work, you can copy those.)

Then use Disk Copier to copy the files from the DVD to an 'image file' (.iso) on your hard drive. Make certain that you know where the file is being stored.

Then use Disk Copier to burn the .iso file to multiple DVDs. When you use an image (.iso) file, each copy will be exactly the same and you don't have to encode each time.

Thanks for the idea. I had seen the Disk Copier option and wondered if it would be a route I could take. Now I know how to and that I can. thanks!

I love all you brilliant computer folks out there. I need you! So glad I found the forums.

itsme51 susiekay

I made one video CD slideshow using VideoWave. Worked great. Second project not so good. Playback is fine until about the last minute or so then audio and video both begin to stop/start/jerk/jump until the end. Tried another CD thinking the CD was defective. Same problem. Any suggestions?

Where did you do the playback, on the computer or on a DVD player?

Archived