Error Pop Ups C++ Runtime

john_runnion

Question

I hoped, when Sonic took over, that Roxio would develop better products with fewer bugs!

I keep getting a Runtime error that it asked to close in an unusual way. This, combined with the constant pop up asking to run an upgrade that won't run because I no longer have 7.5 installed, only emc8 -- and the usual very unstable problems with new releases.

BTW, is Drag to Disk still part of the program? I still have it, but I can't find a way to shut it off -- it causes all kinds of problems if i try to use it.

Why doesn't Roxio do a better job? Why is it that they insist on uninstall, clean, turn off this and that, then reinstall. and then make sure you stand on your head and breath four times before saying a mantra and hit the install.exe ... blah blah blah.

Don't like the problems at all! :-(

Using a PC with 2GB Ram, xpsp2, 2Ghz processor, blah blah blah

2 answers to this question

Thanx, I'll try shuting things off one at a time. I do have a DVD copy program that doesn nothing but that, it doesn't have "bells and whistles" other than that.

I also have DVD editing software on here (DVDit Pro 6). Maybe it's just that Roxio isn't prepared to handle that? All i know is that I've had problems with Roxio since version 6 of one kind or another, and i seldom if ever get a reply or assistance from their "support" -- the chat is worthless, apparently. I never get through and they never respond to the queries either.

Thanx, I'll try shutting things down one at a time and hope I can find it. It appears to be "RoxWatch.exe" that is having a problem. That and a C++ runtime error when i try to use Drag to Disk. I think it also happens with disc copy, but I don't remember at this point.

jj

John, you can use Windows -add/remove programs to remove drag to disc. You can install it later if you wish. As an alternate, run msconfig and disable the program in your start up programs. If you have two packet writing programs on your computer, I'm surprised that you don't have more problems.

You forgot to mention to shut down your anti-virus when you do an install. I hope you did that, if not, it could cause a problem. No, that is not just Roxio, I installed an Epson scan program recently and that was in big letters at the top of the instructions. Also did you let the program self-install? If you selected the wrong install program, you end up with a shortcut that might cause a problem. Do you have the Home page?

John, you can use Windows -add/remove programs to remove drag to disc. You can install it later if you wish. As an alternate, run msconfig and disable the program in your start up programs. If you have two packet writing programs on your computer, I'm surprised that you don't have more problems.

You forgot to mention to shut down your anti-virus when you do an install. I hope you did that, if not, it could cause a problem. No, that is not just Roxio, I installed an Epson scan program recently and that was in big letters at the top of the instructions. Also did you let the program self-install? If you selected the wrong install program, you end up with a shortcut that might cause a problem. Do you have the Home page?

I hoped, when Sonic took over, that Roxio would develop better products with fewer bugs!

I keep getting a Runtime error that it asked to close in an unusual way. This, combined with the constant pop up asking to run an upgrade that won't run because I no longer have 7.5 installed, only emc8 -- and the usual very unstable problems with new releases.

BTW, is Drag to Disk still part of the program? I still have it, but I can't find a way to shut it off -- it causes all kinds of problems if i try to use it.

Why doesn't Roxio do a better job? Why is it that they insist on uninstall, clean, turn off this and that, then reinstall. and then make sure you stand on your head and breath four times before saying a mantra and hit the install.exe ... blah blah blah.

Don't like the problems at all! :-(

Using a PC with 2GB Ram, xpsp2, 2Ghz processor, blah blah blah

Archived