• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slow Encoding

smit

Question

I am not very computer savy, but when I burn a torrent movie file to a dvd it takes forever to encode(2 hrs) and then another hour or more to burn. Is there a faster way to do this? I have updated my firmware already. The actual burning of the dvd doesn't seem to take so long, it's the encoding process.

2 answers to this question

Your 'torrent movie file' is likely to be an AVI file, and if your DVD player doesn't play them directly they have to be turned into a DVD.

The transcoding will often take a couple of hours or easily twice the length of the movie, but the DVD burning shouldn't take as long as you say. Try outputting the transcoded movie to an image file or a DVD folder on your hard drive, and burning a disc from there. That will clearly separate the transcoding operation from the burn, allowing the computer to do one thing at a time, and allowing you to see how long the burn is taking.

I am not very computer savy, but when I burn a torrent movie file to a dvd it takes forever to encode(2 hrs) and then another hour or more to burn. Is there a faster way to do this? I have updated my firmware already. The actual burning of the dvd doesn't seem to take so long, it's the encoding process.

Sometimes Encoding is dependent on your system specs.

CPU and RAM capacities.Having Quad core intel and a 4gig RAM would certainly hasten things up.