• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 80040207

mafusilier

Question

I own (2) HP Pavilions and (1) HP Laptop...all came preinstalled with MyDVD Plus v.7. I REALLY LIKE this program so I figured I would used the link within the program itself... help-sonic store-upgrades and I purchased the upgrade to MyDVD 10 Premier. This program has not EVER worked properly and I have numerous issues with it... I followed the directions that Roxio sent to me (see below) and this still does not resolve my issues.

Please disable your startup items by trying the following

a. Click on the "Start" button and select "Run".

b. Type "msconfig" and click on the "OK" button or press the "Enter" key.

(For Vista you can type it into the search field)

c. Select the "Startup" tab over on the right side.

d. Write down which items are checked, and then click on the "Disable All" button.

e. Click on the "Apply" button and then click on "OK".

f. Click "YES" to restart the computer.

g. When you reach the Desktop, you may receive a message saying "you have used the "System Configuration Utility" to make changes to your system....", if you get this message, simply place a checkmark in a box on the lower left side titled, "Do not show me this message again" and click on the "OK" button.

NOTE: To reverse these changes, follow the above steps and select "enable all".

To optimize your computer you may want to check the items you really need to start when Windows starts like your Antivirus.

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update your webticket with a detailed explanation with the steps you have tried and any error messages you receive.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

Since I have had so many problems with the MyDVD 10 Premiere, I got the bright idea to buy the Roxio Creator 2009. I have had nothing but heartache using both of these products...when Roxio Creator 2009 and MyDVD 10 Premiere do actually work, I love it. I continue to have to uninstall and then reinstall EVERY week when I am attempting to make a DVD from the videos of soccer games that I take of my son and his club soccer. Yesterday, I had three (3) fatal crashes due to these programs.

My latest issue: I am getting an error when trying to burn to a dvd... "80040207 Error while encoding Movie 1".

Please help me to resolve these issues.

9 answers to this question

In MyDVD, click on Tools, then Options, then click in the circle, to the left of Software, under Render with. See if that works for you.

Good morning,

Thank you for replying to my comment... This still has not resolved my issue. I am now getting the errors I have gotten ever since I have installed both the upgrades. I get this error every week and I usually uninstall and then reinstall and this will make the programs run long enough for me to compose one DVD and then it starts all over again.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Roxio Creator 2009\Video U I 11\Video Wave 11.exe

abnormal program termination

Then I click ok and this is the next error message I get.....

R6025- pure virtual function call

I click ok and then the window closes.

Any other suggestions????

Clean Install, pinned at the top of this conference.

Jim,

I forgot to mention that I had already completed the tasks that you mentioned in your very informative notes for Windows XP. So, I did ANOTHER uninstall and reinstall of Creator 2009 today following your guidelines again and was able to compose and burn (1) DVD as usual. Then I closed out of the program and rebooted and upon my computer restarting, the screen went crazy with scrolling sentences stating it was "recovering" all sorts of files. After this, I did a complete restore of my computer back to the original settings from factory and did all the critical windows updates, antivirus, and programs required and then installed just this program (Creator 2009) and it still has errors. Again, I am still trying to figure out the cause and fix.

Edited by mafusilier

The errors are specific and have meaning. "…still has errors.", is far too vague for anyone to guess at.

The specific error you started the thread with for example, 'Error while encoding', gpb gave you a solution for that specific error.

Then you said you have 'C++ Runtime' which will take a Clean Install to fix.

Now you have yet another set of problems???

There is a problem with your PC and you will not be able to 'buy software' your way out of it!

I do not waste my time with Restore when there are a series of problems. The fastest way to get that PC to stop breaking things is to format the HD and install a minimum of programs.

Now even I don't look forward to that! What I would do to mine is buy a new HD for it (better – faster) and start with that. Install OS, drivers that are specific to your lap and only those updates that you really think you need. (I put XP SP2 on recently only because my GPS/Map software required it!).

Keep any AV software on a short leash! I only use Norton AV on 2 of my PCs. Note that is AV and not one of their Trust Me, I will do it all Suites. Even then I limit it to email only and check definitions and run scans manually. No product gets to look at my Registry! – short leash!

Install Roxio and run for a time. If all is working, get a drive enclosure for that 3.5" drive you removed and transfer your needed files over.

The cool factor with this method is that external drive you have now! :)

Thank you Jim. You have been very helpful and I will take your suggestions and see what happens. I did purchase a Maxtor 500 GB external drive to store all of my music, videos and movies that I video. Thanks again for your help.

The errors are specific and have meaning. "…still has errors.", is far too vague for anyone to guess at.

The specific error you started the thread with for example, 'Error while encoding', gpb gave you a solution for that specific error.

Then you said you have 'C++ Runtime' which will take a Clean Install to fix.

Now you have yet another set of problems???

There is a problem with your PC and you will not be able to 'buy software' your way out of it!

I do not waste my time with Restore when there are a series of problems. The fastest way to get that PC to stop breaking things is to format the HD and install a minimum of programs.

Now even I don't look forward to that! What I would do to mine is buy a new HD for it (better – faster) and start with that. Install OS, drivers that are specific to your lap and only those updates that you really think you need. (I put XP SP2 on recently only because my GPS/Map software required it!).

Keep any AV software on a short leash! I only use Norton AV on 2 of my PCs. Note that is AV and not one of their Trust Me, I will do it all Suites. Even then I limit it to email only and check definitions and run scans manually. No product gets to look at my Registry! – short leash!

Install Roxio and run for a time. If all is working, get a drive enclosure for that 3.5" drive you removed and transfer your needed files over.

The cool factor with this method is that external drive you have now! :)

Good morning,

Thank you for replying to my comment... This still has not resolved my issue. I am now getting the errors I have gotten ever since I have installed both the upgrades. I get this error every week and I usually uninstall and then reinstall and this will make the programs run long enough for me to compose one DVD and then it starts all over again.

abnormal program termination

Then I click ok and this is the next error message I get.....

R6025- pure virtual function call

I click ok and then the window closes.

I keep getting the exact same error. All Roxio offers as a solution is to do a clean install, which I have done (twice) with no change (meaning I get the EXACT SAME ERROR at the EXACT SAME TIME everytime). This seems to be a VERY common problem. I would think SOMEONE would have come up with a fix. I've searched this forum repeatedly and tried every solution offered and so far, NOTHING WORKS!

Any other suggestions????

In MyDVD, click on Tools, then Options, then click in the circle, to the left of Software, under Render with. See if that works for you.

Tried it. Doesn't work.