• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Error

3rdbaseman

Question

3 answers to this question

This explanation is heavily simplified.

-An AVI is a 'container' file. You put compressed video into it. To play it you must have a decompressor which matches the compressor originally used.

-There are a large number of compressors/decompressors or CODECs available for installation in your computer.

-if you don't have a codec which can handle the compression used in your AVI file, you get the error you have mentioned.

As long as you have a retail* version of the Easy Media Creator software, resolve the issue this way

-get a copy of the GSpot codec appliance free from here

-run GSpot and in Windows Explorer drag your AVI file onto the GSpot operating box

-the video Codec used in the AVI is then displayed in the TOP RIGHT of the GSpot screen [see below]

-locate the codec you need on the Internet, and install it on your computer

post-208-1225846739.jpg

Note: * OEM and other cut-down versions of this software often have the most popular video codecs [XviD, and DivX] and the AC3 audio codec disabled by the OEM who distributes those versions.

I have the OEM version of this software and I'm getting the same error message.

Is there any way that I can resolve this problem? I believe I have the right codecs because the file plays fine. I just can't seem to get MyDVD to burn it.

If I can't resolve the problem what can I do so that I can burn these video files to a DVD?

I have the OEM version of this software and I'm getting the same error message.

Is there any way that I can resolve this problem? I believe I have the right codecs because the file plays fine. I just can't seem to get MyDVD to burn it.

If I can't resolve the problem what can I do so that I can burn these video files to a DVD?

You can always burn them as data files to a DVD BUT they will not play on a set top DVD player.

Upgrade to Creator 2009. Amazon has it on sale. Make sure your computer far exceeds the minimum specifications.