• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Builder Error Message

Jim26

Question

16 answers to this question

Sorry I didn't answer everyones questions In the first reply but I am new at this.

Roll back IE 7 to IE 6. Then, uninstall Windows Media Player 11. It should go back to the previous version that you had.

I have a question for you. Did you make your production in MyDVD?

I ask, because if you made the production in VideoWave, which is the route to take, if you opened the .dmsm file (VideoWave file), in MyDVD, it would not show, if you have IE 7 installed.

Thank you all for your help but I have given up. I reverted back to IE6 and Media9, but it didn't help. I tried to burn the iso file but the burn screen comes up gray and non-functional.

I plan to delete everything and consider whether to reinstall or get something else. Anyway, thanks for your inputs.

Thank you all for your help but I have given up. I reverted back to IE6 and Media9, but it didn't help. I tried to burn the iso file but the burn screen comes up gray and non-functional.

I plan to delete everything and consider whether to reinstall or get something else. Anyway, thanks for your inputs.

I am still confused on what you are actually doing. You are posting in EMC 7/7.5 but never actually stated what version you are using. At one point you say you were using myDVD but myDVD is not part of EMC 7/7.5, its called DVD Builder in that version. myDVD appeared first in EMC 8. Now you are saying you are reverting back to Media9 - whatever that is.

Perhaps if you were to explain exactly what application from what suite you are using and what you are doing, we might be able to give you some help.

In one post you even talked about dropping a file on a disc and it burned Ok. If you ever did something like that you were never using Videowave of DVD Builder.

Is there actually any burning going on? Is the DVD still empty after the burn?

Do search on the error number. There are several posts regarding this error. It is possibly mp3 related? Are you using any in your project? If yes, delete them and see if you can burn.

I would recommend you first burn to a iso (image) file instead of directly to DVD. That way the encoding and burning processes are separated and you can see if you problem is with the encoding or the burning.

Although the project appears to be burning, there is no actual burning on the disk. After the (supposed) burn, when I check the disk I get "D:/is not accessable, incorrect function". If I drag and drop a file on the disk, it burns ok and the disk appears nomal after that!

I will try burning the iso file.

Just out of curiosity - do you have either Internet Explorer 7 or Media Player 11 installed?

Both those make EMC 7.x do strange things

Yes, I have both installed!

Do you have a DVD burner or just a player?

I just have a DVD player besides the burner in my computer.

Although the project appears to be burning, there is no actual burning on the disk. After the (supposed) burn, when I check the disk I get "D:/is not accessable, incorrect function". If I drag and drop a file on the disk, it burns ok and the disk appears nomal after that!

I will try burning the iso file.

Yes, I have both installed!

I just have a DVD player besides the burner in my computer.

In post #5 you were asked "There are several posts regarding this error. It is possibly mp3 related? Are you using any in your project? If yes, delete them and see if you can burn."........

Also having IE7 and WMP 11 installed could also be part of your problem, but lets see what your response to the MP3 qustion is.

In post #5 you were asked "There are several posts regarding this error. It is possibly mp3 related? Are you using any in your project? If yes, delete them and see if you can burn."........

Also having IE7 and WMP 11 installed could also be part of your problem, but lets see what your response to the MP3 qustion is.

No, I 'm not using any MP3. I was earlier but I have since reformated my computer and redone the project. When I first installed the program, I made a test version of the project and it burnt ok. Since then all I hve done is add more pictures.

No, I 'm not using any MP3. I was earlier but I have since reformated my computer and redone the project. When I first installed the program, I made a test version of the project and it burnt ok. Since then all I hve done is add more pictures.

Videowave and DVD Builder do not work with IE7 or WMP 11 installed. You will have to uninstall them

My slide show looks good on preview but When I burn it I get a blank disk and Error E80070057. What does that mean?

Is there actually any burning going on? Is the DVD still empty after the burn?

Do search on the error number. There are several posts regarding this error. It is possibly mp3 related? Are you using any in your project? If yes, delete them and see if you can burn.

I would recommend you first burn to a iso (image) file instead of directly to DVD. That way the encoding and burning processes are separated and you can see if you problem is with the encoding or the burning.

Roll back IE 7 to IE 6. Then, uninstall Windows Media Player 11. It should go back to the previous version that you had.

I have a question for you. Did you make your production in MyDVD?

I ask, because if you made the production in VideoWave, which is the route to take, if you opened the .dmsm file (VideoWave file), in MyDVD, it would not show, if you have IE 7 installed.

I made the production in MyDVD.

I will try uninstalling IE 7 and Media Player 11 .

I will also delete and reinstall EMC.

Sorry, I'm probably too late with this warning, but I wasn't online this weekend.

If I remember correctly, some versions of 7 have a bug where if you've edited the pictures, they're stored in a hidden folder as .png files.

When you uninstall and reinstall version 7, those edited pictures are deleted. If you want to save the edits, you've got to do a Windows Search for those hidden files and copy them to another folder before you uninstall/reinstall. Then after the install, you've got to copy those files back to the correct folder to preserve the changes.

Archived