Saving A Production To File

Renny

Question

I have a beginner' question: I created a production in Easy 8. The only format Easy 8 will let me save is a .dmsm. I cannot import a .dmsm into any other programs I am using. How can I save it as it was originally imported from my camcorder as an avi.

Any help would be appreciated.

Renny

2 answers to this question

Not sure if when you say "Easy 8" if that is the full version of Roxio's EMC 8 program, but if it is and you made your production in EMC 8 "Videowave" program, then just save it as a "dmsm" file with the name of your choice and then exit. Now open up MyDVD program and open that dmsm file by clicking on "Add New Movie" on the left side of the screen under Menu Tasks and go to the location where you saved the dmsm file. (Not sure if those are the actual word text in EMC 8 but I know it will be similar to what I have suggested) From there you can change to several options they have and then burn it to a DVD. (If that is what your final goal is).

Frank...

I have a beginner' question: I created a production in Easy 8. The only format Easy 8 will let me save is a .dmsm. I cannot import a .dmsm into any other programs I am using. How can I save it as it was originally imported from my camcorder as an avi.

Any help would be appreciated.

Renny

A dmsm file is not a video file but just the Videowave project file containing the the list of sources for your project as well as any edit you are making, etc. You cannot use Save As to create a video file. To generate a video file (such as DV avi) you have to us Output As and then select one of the many video formats for you output. In your case I think it would be something like DV avi.