Can't Capture Streaming Audio From Internet In Cd Spin Doctor

Kevininessex

Question

I've just purchased Toast 9 for my intel imac mainly for the addition of an updated CD Spin Doctor so that I can record streaming audio direct from the internet. I have installed 'audio capture support' as instructed on Roxio ID Number: 000064T but cannot find the advanced section they mention:

To record streaming audio:

Launch CD Spin Doctor.

Click on Start a new recording.

Click on Advanced, then OK to switch to Advanced Recording Interface.

Under Input Device, select CD Spin Doctor Capture Support.

Select Play Input through Speakers if you want to hear what you are recording.

Click the Record button to start recording.

Click the Stop button to end recording.

Click OK and your recording will be imported into CD Spin Doctor.

Can someone help me please?

Many thanks

Kevin :(

Makes no difference. I DiskWarrior every week and the options isn't there with me either. Is it OSX 10.5 only, perhaps? I'm still at 10.4.11, you see...

I haven't seen anything saying that Leopard is required. However, I no longer have a Mac running 10.4.x to check if it works there. I believe I had installed it in 10.4.11 before I upgraded my last Mac to 10.5.

Searching in my libraries I found the following: System>Library>Extensions>CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext

Since my MAC Pro is brand spanking new, I thought I would try reinstalling the OS back to it's out-of-the-box original version before the updates to 10.5.5. Immediately after that was completed I installed Toast 9 and attempted to install CD Spin Doctor's audio capture software. Same thing ... IT DIDN'T WORK. No CD Spin Doctor option under Input Devices and the Capture Support is in OUTPUT of Sound Prefs instead of INPUT.

I have officially given up and will wait for the next update. If that doesn't work, I will purchase Audio Hijack Pro.

Thanks for your continued advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem either. I have noticed that whilst there is no sign in preferences under sound input of 'CD Spin Doctor Capture' it is shown in the sound output section!!!

I will try reinstalling when I have time. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Kevin

Well, I've dumped both Toast and CD Spin Doctor and reinstalled. I have chosen 'Install Audio Capture Support'. Didn't work the first time but I kept reinstalling it and it has now appeared in the sound preference input box.

All that remains is to try it!

Thanks to all for their help.

Kevin

I'm also having the same problems; I just bought Toast 9 and downloaded the update. I eventually found the obscure online instructions to capture audio, though it is advertised on the front of the box and not in the manual; have repeatedly installed the prog as intsructed, but it still doesn't show up in the input device. I'm running Leopard 10.5.5.

This is my first purchase of Toast, but I definitely wont be buying any more Roxio products. What a dreadful company!

Did you do anything special to get it to work? Does "CD Spin Doctor Capture Support" show up under your INPUT in Sounds of System Prefs? I have it only in my OUTPUT. I have installed and uninstalled over 6 times.

Did you do anything special to get it to work? Does "CD Spin Doctor Capture Support" show up under your INPUT in Sounds of System Prefs? I have it only in my OUTPUT. I have installed and uninstalled over 6 times.

Yes, I'm 10.5.5 but I did get mine working in the end.

Thanks tsantee!

I looked for it and found it as a Package in Receipts but not the dot kext in my library. Looks like it didn't get installed somehow.

Thanks for your continued advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem either. I have noticed that whilst there is no sign in preferences under sound input of 'CD Spin Doctor Capture' it is shown in the sound output section!!!

I will try reinstalling when I have time. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Kevin

I've just purchased Toast 9 for my intel imac mainly for the addition of an updated CD Spin Doctor so that I can record streaming audio direct from the internet. I have installed 'audio capture support' as instructed on Roxio ID Number: 000064T but cannot find the advanced section they mention:

To record streaming audio:

Launch CD Spin Doctor.

Click on Start a new recording.

Click on Advanced, then OK to switch to Advanced Recording Interface.

Under Input Device, select CD Spin Doctor Capture Support.

Select Play Input through Speakers if you want to hear what you are recording.

Click the Record button to start recording.

Click the Stop button to end recording.

Click OK and your recording will be imported into CD Spin Doctor.

Can someone help me please?

Many thanks

Kevin :(

If you have set the application to start up in the advanced mode, you are already there. If the application starts in "Assistant" mode, look to the bottom left of that window.

There is an issue with some streaming audio in that there is a distortion or warble in the audio while capturing. There is a fix expected soon. (per tsantee)

Well...no luck so far. Did repair disk permissions. Did uninstall and reinstall Toast 9, then updated to 9.0.4. Did reinstall Audio Capture x 3. Spotlight finds nothing called audiocapturesupport, and it does not show up as an input device--not in CD Spin Doctor nor in AudioMidi SetUp. Curiously, I also found that it showed up in System Output and in Properties in Audio Devices. Any further advice?

I had the same trouble. I didn't run CD Spin Doctor until after I had installed the Toast 9.0.4(253) update. I tried installing CD Spin Doctor Audio Capture Support several times, but it would not show up as an input device. That was CDSD version 5.0.3.640t.

I went back to the CD Spin Doctor that I had downloaded with the original Toast 9 that I purchased, version 9.0.1(246). That was CDSD version 5.0.0.597t. I installed Audio Capture Support in that version, and it did show up as an input device in that version. Then I started up CDSD version 5.0.3.640t, and it found Audio Capture Support as an input device, too.

I'm new to MAC. How did you uninstall Toast version 9.04?

hi i'm getting the same problem as all of you on here,i purchased toast 9 purely because i want to record audio streamed from the net and from dvd,is this a issue with 10.5.5.

i have a macbook pro and spin doctor is just not working i have emailed support and said it is false advertising if the product dosn't do what it says on the tin.

Has anyone on here managed to capture audio streamed from the net using spindoctor and if so what operating system are you using?

thanks james

I have completely uninstalled both CD Spin Doctor and Toast 9, reinstalled both, and am again faced with no CD Spin Doctor Capture Support choice under Input Device, despite 10 re-installs of "Install Audio Capture Support.". CD Spin Doctor is 5.0.3.640t, Mac OS is Leopard 10.5.5. Curiously, CD Spin Doctor Capture Support does appear under System Preferences\ Hardware\Sound\Output, where it appears useless. It does not appear as a choice under Input. Is it actually installing to the wrong location???

I quess I will need good luck !!Ive had it with this program and support . You tell them exactly what its doing and they send the same generic instructions for stuff I already did ,they dont read the problem . Mine too is in the output and not on the input device menu but that doesnt seem to matter to them they keep telling me how to install it from the top menu. They had me take all the roxio plist files and program off my computer and do a clean install and still the same problem . Well I quess they win I give up 79 bucks for somehting that partially works .

The QA team at Roxio has finally been able to reproduce the issue of the Audio Capture Support not showing in the Audio Input Device list. The team is working on this and hopes to have an updater to address this issue as soon as possible.

Is there a timescale for the fix?

I have Toast 9, with CD Spin Doctor v5.0.4.706t running on Leopard 10.5.6. The audio capture support device only appears in the output list in the Sounds pane of System Preferences. It does appear as an input source on the CDSD recording panel, but I can't record any system audio.

I've trashed my .plist file for CD Spin Doctor, repaired disk perms and re-installed the audio support many times. I've even deleted the CD Spin Doctor kext file and re-installed (which obviously puts it back). Still unable to record system audio.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a timescale for the fix?

I have Toast 9, with CD Spin Doctor v5.0.4.706t running on Leopard 10.5.6. The audio capture support device only appears in the output list in the Sounds pane of System Preferences. It does appear as an input source on the CDSD recording panel, but I can't record any system audio.

I've trashed my .plist file for CD Spin Doctor, repaired disk perms and re-installed the audio support many times. I've even deleted the CD Spin Doctor kext file and re-installed (which obviously puts it back). Still unable to record system audio.

Thanks in advance.

It is correct that it shows as an output in the Sound panel in System Preferences and as an input option in Spin Doctor. So it appears that it is installed correctly on your Mac. All you should need is something playing on your Mac. If the application that is playing it has a volume control you can use its control to adjust the signal strength. The volume control for you Mac has no affect.

It is correct that it shows as an output in the Sound panel in System Preferences and as an input option in Spin Doctor. So it appears that it is installed correctly on your Mac. All you should need is something playing on your Mac. If the application that is playing it has a volume control you can use its control to adjust the signal strength. The volume control for you Mac has no affect.

Thanks for the quick reply. If my setup is correct with the CDSD Capture Suport showing as an output in System Preferences, then I'm a bit stumped. When I start recording via the CDSD input in Spin Doctor, the Microphone level meter doesn't show any actiivty, although the recorded file size does increase. When I stop the capture and view it in CD Spin Doctor, I have a file of the correct length but it's completely blank.

I'll do some more digging later tonight and see what I can find, unless you can suggest anything further?

Archived