• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Kevininessex

Can't Capture Streaming Audio From Internet In Cd Spin Doctor

Question

I've just purchased Toast 9 for my intel imac mainly for the addition of an updated CD Spin Doctor so that I can record streaming audio direct from the internet. I have installed 'audio capture support' as instructed on Roxio ID Number: 000064T but cannot find the advanced section they mention:

To record streaming audio:

Launch CD Spin Doctor.

Click on Start a new recording.

Click on Advanced, then OK to switch to Advanced Recording Interface.

Under Input Device, select CD Spin Doctor Capture Support.

Select Play Input through Speakers if you want to hear what you are recording.

Click the Record button to start recording.

Click the Stop button to end recording.

Click OK and your recording will be imported into CD Spin Doctor.

Can someone help me please?

Many thanks

Kevin :(

Edited by Kevininessex

I've just purchased Toast 9 for my intel imac mainly for the addition of an updated CD Spin Doctor so that I can record streaming audio direct from the internet. I have installed 'audio capture support' as instructed on Roxio ID Number: 000064T but cannot find the advanced section they mention:

To record streaming audio:

Launch CD Spin Doctor.

Click on Start a new recording.

Click on Advanced, then OK to switch to Advanced Recording Interface.

Under Input Device, select CD Spin Doctor Capture Support.

Select Play Input through Speakers if you want to hear what you are recording.

Click the Record button to start recording.

Click the Stop button to end recording.

Click OK and your recording will be imported into CD Spin Doctor.

Can someone help me please?

Many thanks

Kevin :(

If you have set the application to start up in the advanced mode, you are already there. If the application starts in "Assistant" mode, look to the bottom left of that window.

There is an issue with some streaming audio in that there is a distortion or warble in the audio while capturing. There is a fix expected soon. (per tsantee)

If you have set the application to start up in the advanced mode, you are already there. If the application starts in "Assistant" mode, look to the bottom left of that window.

There is an issue with some streaming audio in that there is a distortion or warble in the audio while capturing. There is a fix expected soon. (per tsantee)

Hi Steve

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem. Well I've got one step forward thank you but when I get to the next stage there is no 'CD Spin Doctor Capture Support' under input device - the options I get are 'Built-in Input', 'Built-In Microphone' and 'Motorola H300' (a bluetooth earpiece}.

Any more suggestions

Many thanks

Kevin

Hi Steve

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem. Well I've got one step forward thank you but when I get to the next stage there is no 'CD Spin Doctor Capture Support' under input device - the options I get are 'Built-in Input', 'Built-In Microphone' and 'Motorola H300' (a bluetooth earpiece}.

Any more suggestions

Many thanks

Kevin

Try going through the procedure at least twice more. When I first installed, I had the audio issue so I reinstalled, that really uninstalled but the third time the application re-installed.

You may have to also re-download the latest version (again) and try that.

Okay, so I also installed Audio Capture Support, and couldn't find it under Input Device. I re-installed in five times, each time closing the program and reopening it. Didn't work. I then reinstalled CD Spin Doctor from my install CD, and again reinstalled Audio Capture Support, and still don't see Audio Capture Support under Input Device--or any choices other than Built-in microphone or Built-in input. What else can I do?http://forums.support.roxio.com/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Okay, so I also installed Audio Capture Support, and couldn't find it under Input Device. I re-installed in five times, each time closing the program and reopening it. Didn't work. I then reinstalled CD Spin Doctor from my install CD, and again reinstalled Audio Capture Support, and still don't see Audio Capture Support under Input Device--or any choices other than Built-in microphone or Built-in input. What else can I do?http://forums.support.roxio.com/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Open System Preferences and click on the Sound panel. Then click the Input tab. Do you see CD Spin Doctor Capture Support as an option?

My sense is your Mac has a system issue. If you have DiskWarrior then this is a good time to use it. If not, at least use Disk Utility's repair tools.

Makes no difference. I DiskWarrior every week and the options isn't there with me either. Is it OSX 10.5 only, perhaps? I'm still at 10.4.11, you see...

Makes no difference. I DiskWarrior every week and the options isn't there with me either. Is it OSX 10.5 only, perhaps? I'm still at 10.4.11, you see...

I haven't seen anything saying that Leopard is required. However, I no longer have a Mac running 10.4.x to check if it works there. I believe I had installed it in 10.4.11 before I upgraded my last Mac to 10.5.

Searching in my libraries I found the following: System>Library>Extensions>CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext

Thanks tsantee!

I looked for it and found it as a Package in Receipts but not the dot kext in my library. Looks like it didn't get installed somehow.

Thanks tsantee!

I looked for it and found it as a Package in Receipts but not the dot kext in my library. Looks like it didn't get installed somehow.

Thanks for your continued advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem either. I have noticed that whilst there is no sign in preferences under sound input of 'CD Spin Doctor Capture' it is shown in the sound output section!!!

I will try reinstalling when I have time. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Kevin

Thanks for your continued advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem either. I have noticed that whilst there is no sign in preferences under sound input of 'CD Spin Doctor Capture' it is shown in the sound output section!!!

I will try reinstalling when I have time. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Kevin

Well, I've dumped both Toast and CD Spin Doctor and reinstalled. I have chosen 'Install Audio Capture Support'. Didn't work the first time but I kept reinstalling it and it has now appeared in the sound preference input box.

All that remains is to try it!

Thanks to all for their help.

Kevin

Well...no luck so far. Did repair disk permissions. Did uninstall and reinstall Toast 9, then updated to 9.0.4. Did reinstall Audio Capture x 3. Spotlight finds nothing called audiocapturesupport, and it does not show up as an input device--not in CD Spin Doctor nor in AudioMidi SetUp. Curiously, I also found that it showed up in System Output and in Properties in Audio Devices. Any further advice?

Well I did nothing special. After reinstalling it and opening CD Spin Doctor I just chose from CD Spin Doctors top menu 'Install Audio Capture Support' and done it about three times one after the other without looking to see if it had worked. Worth a try.

Kevin

Well I did nothing special. After reinstalling it and opening CD Spin Doctor I just chose from CD Spin Doctors top menu 'Install Audio Capture Support' and done it about three times one after the other without looking to see if it had worked. Worth a try.

Kevin

I did the same and nothing didnt work ,showed up in the menu and nothing ,no recording . Updated Toast after reinstalling and now it is out of the input device menu again . Im just about ready to give up .

is everyone with the issue other than hermie54 running 10.5.5? would be helpful if such information is provided.

Yes, mine is also 10.5.5.

is everyone with the issue other than hermie54 running 10.5.5? would be helpful if such information is provided.

Did you do anything special to get it to work? Does "CD Spin Doctor Capture Support" show up under your INPUT in Sounds of System Prefs? I have it only in my OUTPUT. I have installed and uninstalled over 6 times.

Yes, I'm 10.5.5 but I did get mine working in the end.

Below is Roxio's response to our problem. It doesn't help me. Does it help anyone else?

<<Roxio Support>

Thanks for contacting Roxio.

1) Spin Doctor gets information regarding your sound setup from the OS itself. It is likely that you may need to adjust the input Sound settings of the OS. This can be done in the 'Sound' system preference (or control panel in OS 9).

2) Some hardware that is supported by the Mac OS requires that software be installed and configured properly for the device to be seen by the OS.

Regards

Roxio Support

Did you do anything special to get it to work? Does "CD Spin Doctor Capture Support" show up under your INPUT in Sounds of System Prefs? I have it only in my OUTPUT. I have installed and uninstalled over 6 times.

Mine appeared in the outbox originally but as I have said before I just clicked in quick succession the link from the top menu 'Install Audio Capture Support' (in anger!!) about three / four times straight after each other and it appeared. Mind you, the volume is too high and there appears to be no way of lowering it you are capturing something but hey, I'm half way there. Audio capture now appears in both the 'input' and 'output' sound preferences.

Good luck

Kevin

I quess I will need good luck !!Ive had it with this program and support . You tell them exactly what its doing and they send the same generic instructions for stuff I already did ,they dont read the problem . Mine too is in the output and not on the input device menu but that doesnt seem to matter to them they keep telling me how to install it from the top menu. They had me take all the roxio plist files and program off my computer and do a clean install and still the same problem . Well I quess they win I give up 79 bucks for somehting that partially works .

Edited by Benjamac

I quess I will need good luck !!Ive had it with this program and support . You tell them exactly what its doing and they send the same generic instructions for stuff I already did ,they dont read the problem . Mine too is in the output and not on the input device menu but that doesnt seem to matter to them they keep telling me how to install it from the top menu. They had me take all the roxio plist files and program off my computer and do a clean install and still the same problem . Well I quess they win I give up 79 bucks for somehting that partially works .

I guess I should have spent my money on what I was going to in the first place and downloaded Audio Hijack Pro (http://www.rogueamoeba.com). I thought Roxio would make a better product.

I have completely uninstalled both CD Spin Doctor and Toast 9, reinstalled both, and am again faced with no CD Spin Doctor Capture Support choice under Input Device, despite 10 re-installs of "Install Audio Capture Support.". CD Spin Doctor is 5.0.3.640t, Mac OS is Leopard 10.5.5. Curiously, CD Spin Doctor Capture Support does appear under System Preferences\ Hardware\Sound\Output, where it appears useless. It does not appear as a choice under Input. Is it actually installing to the wrong location???