• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

All burns produce unreadable sectors.

grap41

Question

Just upgraded to Popcorn 2 and the features look good but all my disc burns fail with an error like...

Sector 123 is unreadable. Verification failed. (the sector is different each time).

I've trashed prefs and tried different speeds but all it does is burn coasters. Popcorn 1 worked perfectly.

(Mac OS X 10.4.6, Dual 2GHz G5)

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Richard

6 answers to this question

That's usually a problem with the media. You may want to try burning at a slower speed and also try a different brand of media.

That's what I figured but slow burn speeds don't make any difference. I'll have to buy another brand of disc to try it out but the media I use works for Popcorn 1 and all other apps so there's no reason to think that is the fault.

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I figured but slow burn speeds don't make any difference. I'll have to buy another brand of disc to try it out but the media I use works for Popcorn 1 and all other apps so there's no reason to think that is the fault.

Thanks for the reply.

Let is know how different media works...are you using a superdrive or another DVD recorder?

Let is know how different media works...are you using a superdrive or another DVD recorder?

Thanks, I'm using the superdrive which came with the machine.

I'm off on holiday for a week but I'll be sure to post the results when I get back as I need to get this sorted out.

Richard

Archived