Please Add an Easy DVD Copy 2 Discussion Group

jeremy_heiner

Question

I find little support on the brand new Easy DVD Copy 2 product. I have so much to post! I am happy to have found the only product that can reliably do WMV movie copies (InterVideo has a product but it messes up the aspect ratio - stretches the image - on both Widescreen and Fullscreen movies)! However there are some bugs in this new product, like when my 7-hour movie render suddenly cancels and the log file reports Cancel Button Pressed! then deletes the rendered movie.

What do you think? I humbly request a new group get created.

8 answers to this question

I agree that there needs to be a new thread for EDVDC2. I owned Easy DVD Copy and it worked fine. I recently upgraded to EDVDC2 Premier and now I cannot copy DVDs. I get a "Disc created successfully." message at the end of the copy and then all of a sudden I get an unspecified error. When I try to view the DVD I copied I get a "Drive is not accessible--Incorrect Function" error in Windows Explorer. I've had to uninstall EDVDC2 and reinstall the old software. I know it isn't my system configuration, firmware, or drivers--I do this for a living and EDVDC2 is the only piece of software that chokes when making copies.

I would imagine that you contacted Roxio, directly, with your request? Rhetorical question. No response needed.

The render time is not the problem. The problem is Easy DVD Copy 2 automatically deletes the file at the end of the render process. Check out the video of a WMV file being deleted. It has been almost two days and Roxio has not responded to my contacts. The worst is the product has manifested various bugs right out of the box.

I appreciate the responses from respected forum memebers. I'll start a new post for my bug list. It appears my call for a new discussion group may also go unanswered by Roxio. I am pretty frustrated. Myguggi, here are my specs:

AMD AthlonXP 2500+

768MB RAM

160GB Western Digital (7200 RPM)

Nvidia GeForceFX 5500 (256MB)

Windows Media Center Edition 2005

The render time is not the problem. The problem is Easy DVD Copy 2 automatically deletes the file at the end of the render process. Check out the video of a WMV file being deleted. It has been almost two days and Roxio has not responded to my contacts. The worst is the product has manifested various bugs right out of the box.

I appreciate the responses from respected forum memebers. I'll start a new post for my bug list. It appears my call for a new discussion group may also go unanswered by Roxio. I am pretty frustrated. Myguggi, here are my specs:

AMD AthlonXP 2500+

768MB RAM

160GB Western Digital (7200 RPM)

Nvidia GeForceFX 5500 (256MB)

Windows Media Center Edition 2005

Don't expect a Roxio resposne for a week or more. Your computer specs look Ok. Unfortunately there are very few "Easy DVD Copy 2", in fact your post is the first I have ever seen.

I find little support on the brand new Easy DVD Copy 2 product. I have so much to post! I am happy to have found the only product that can reliably do WMV movie copies (InterVideo has a product but it messes up the aspect ratio - stretches the image - on both Widescreen and Fullscreen movies)! However there are some bugs in this new product, like when my 7-hour movie render suddenly cancels and the log file reports Cancel Button Pressed! then deletes the rendered movie.

What do you think? I humbly request a new group get created.

You need to contact Roxio, directly. This is just a users forum, and it is doubtful that many, if any, have any experience with Easy DVD Copy 2. I don't quite know what you would burn a 7 hour movie to, but I have never heard of anyone trying to render a movie, anywhere near that length. You sure can't burn it to a DVD.

...This is just a users forum...I don't quite know what you would burn a 7 hour movie to...

Bruce, you're the best. I appreciate the reply. I am only rendering a 1-hour Farscape episode, but my AMD Athlon XP 2500+ machine *takes* 7 hours to do it. Then I come back and the file is gone! Argh.

So are you saying there are no techs that address issues in here...just users helping each other out?

Bruce, you're the best. I appreciate the reply. I am only rendering a 1-hour Farscape episode, but my AMD Athlon XP 2500+ machine *takes* 7 hours to do it. Then I come back and the file is gone! Argh.

So are you saying there are no techs that address issues in here...just users helping each other out?

That is correct. If you call Tech Support I doubt there will actually charge you for that question.

Just like James said, we are mostly users helping each other, once in a while a Roxio employee may make a post but usually its on their own time.

Rendering to DVD compliant video takes a long time and depends on your system, what other application you have running, defrag status of you hard drive as well as a lot of black magic. Perhaps you could list your complete system specs like I have in my signature.

I agree that there needs to be a new thread for EDVDC2. I owned Easy DVD Copy and it worked fine. I recently upgraded to EDVDC2 Premier and now I cannot copy DVDs. I get a "Disc created successfully." message at the end of the copy and then all of a sudden I get an unspecified error. When I try to view the DVD I copied I get a "Drive is not accessible--Incorrect Function" error in Windows Explorer. I've had to uninstall EDVDC2 and reinstall the old software. I know it isn't my system configuration, firmware, or drivers--I do this for a living and EDVDC2 is the only piece of software that chokes when making copies.

Archived