• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photo Suite

suzy1967

Question

I just got a new computer with Windows Media Edition and put on Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.0 with all the updates. However the programs are all unstable. I tried to edit some photos, but the whole program shuts down as soon as I try to edit anything. I uninstalled the program then reinstalled it, but that didn't work. Now I am getting email from Roxio to upgrade to vs 8, but I am very leary to upgrade it because of all the problems I am having with this one year old program. Does anyone know a fix for this problem or is the fix in vs. 8? Please Help! :)

6 answers to this question

I just got a new computer with Windows Media Edition and put on Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.0 with all the updates. However the programs are all unstable. I tried to edit some photos, but the whole program shuts down as soon as I try to edit anything. I uninstalled the program then reinstalled it, but that didn't work. Now I am getting email from Roxio to upgrade to vs 8, but I am very leary to upgrade it because of all the problems I am having with this one year old program. Does anyone know a fix for this problem or is the fix in vs. 8? Please Help! :)

The symptoms described can be produced by trying to use the program on a computer without enough resources. You haven't given any information on your computer specifications.

The system requirements for EMC 7 include: (per amazon.com)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/system-re...9534&s=software

WinXP SP1 or Win2000 SP4

For DVD, slide show, or video authoring: 1.2 GHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent; 256 MB RAM

1 GB free hard disk space for typical installation of all components

1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card; 24-bit or 32-bit true color recommended

(this is not the complete list, but the portions that look most relevant - for Video work, more is needed than for still photos)

Lynn

See Lynn's post, but version 7 is over 2 years old, not 1 year, and if you can't get it to work on your computer, forget about getting version 8, until you get your computer squared away.

OOPS sorry about saying that the program was only a year old. I bought it a year ago January for another computer and didn't know it was out that long. (By the way the program works great on the older computer that runs Windows Professional).

Anyway my new computer specs are as follows:

Windows XP Media Edition

AMD Athlong 64 X 2 processor

1.0 GB memory

250 GB Hard drive (hardly used)

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics

I disabled everything except for Norton and that still didn't work. Finally I changed the picture format in an HP program from Bitmap to JPEG. Then I opened up photosuite and I was able to edit the JPEG picture. Don't understand why that made a difference but it did.

BTW: Sorry for any of the confusion about not giving the specs on my new computer. I was naive in thinking that new computers were able to handle this program.

James might be right, thinking that Win XP Media Edition could be the problem. As I recall, there were a couple of other posts similar to this one where XP Media Edition was some kind of problem. I have no idea if you can "Turn Off" Media Edition. I will guess NO, however. And I'm not sure if EMC 8 is compatible with XP Media Edition but I agree with Bruce that getting your computer squared away first is a good Idea.

Frank....

Guest mlpasley
OOPS sorry about saying that the program was only a year old. I bought it a year ago January for another computer and didn't know it was out that long.

Finally I changed the picture format in an HP program from Bitmap to JPEG. Then I opened up photosuite and I was able to edit the JPEG picture. Don't understand why that made a difference but it did.

BTW: Sorry for any of the confusion about not giving the specs on my new computer. I was naive in thinking that new computers were able to handle this program.

Your computer is more than capable of running this program.

Why changing the picture format in HP should affect the ability to edit in PhotoSuite is a mystery. JPEG, of course, is a better quality . It's also possible that there was code in the file that didn't allow it it be used in another program.

I'd suggest you do a File\ Save As before you start editing so that you'll have a new copy to work on. That way, the other program hopefully won't interfer with your new file.

Thanks for sharing your solution. Hopefully, someone else who might be having this problem will see your solution and solve their problem.

Archived