• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Road Warrior -- What Is It?

Skybolt

Question

I upgraded to Toast 9 and one of the items I saw in the promos for it was something for Road Warriors (Roxio's term). Said something about watching yuor TiVO recordings on the road. Seemed like a Slingbox kind of a thing. Now I can't find anything about this. Can someone explain to me what it is? And how to use this? I'd be really happy to be led to a tutorial for this feature (actually, tutorials for all the new features would be welcomed as well).

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 answers to this question

I upgraded to Toast 9 and one of the items I saw in the promos for it was something for Road Warriors (Roxio's term). Said something about watching yuor TiVO recordings on the road. Seemed like a Slingbox kind of a thing. Now I can't find anything about this. Can someone explain to me what it is? And how to use this? I'd be really happy to be led to a tutorial for this feature (actually, tutorials for all the new features would be welcomed as well).

Thanks in advance for any help!

It is probably the Streamer application since the literature reads:

Stream your TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere!

Toast 9 introduces Roxio Streamer - a new application that allows you to stream video, like your TiVo shows, from your home Mac, to your Wi-Fi connected iPhone, iPod Touch or to any Internet connected Mac or PC.

Sorry I can't find any tutorials. Did you look in that application's help menu.

Edited by sknis

It is probably the Streamer application since the literature reads:

Stream your TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere!

Toast 9 introduces Roxio Streamer - a new application that allows you to stream video, like your TiVo shows, from your home Mac, to your Wi-Fi connected iPhone, iPod Touch or to any Internet connected Mac or PC.

Sorry I can't find any tutorials. Did you look in that application's help menu.

Help is not available for Streamer, unfortunately. Looks like I would have to use TiVO Transfer to transfer shows to my computer, then use Streamer to watch. Seems rather cumbersome. I was hoping that, by having my Media Access Key successfully entered, that I could access my home TiVO from my computer while traveling. Thought that the MAK would be the equivalent to the IP address.

Another issue, is that when I try testing this, when I unplug my MB from its current location (meaning unplugging the power cord) and take it to the living room wirelessly, the DVRs do not show up (using Apple's airport). Taking the MB back to the regular computer room, and letting it sit for a while then allows access to the DVRs. What's up with that?

Just so confused! thanks again for any help!

Mary

Edited by Skybolt

It is Streamer. Check out this knowledgebase article. There are a couple other knowledgebase articles when you click the Support link and search for Streamer.

Yes,we are getting somewhere now! This is such a cool application, and I think it will be great when we travel. For some reason, though, we can set up my husband's computer and get the material transferred to his "website", but I cannot access "my" "website". Guess the bottom line is that it is O.K. this way, since he can access both TiVO's and transfer from either.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Still looking for a manual, tutorial, etc. I know there are lots of features to explore!