• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 11...causing Countless Problems

Byronski

Question

Sorry to bother all of you, but I just bought a new laptop, spend gads of money on software (including Roxio Creator 2009), and now everytime the "Burn Project' window comes up, I get the same error window: "VideoWave11 Has Stopped Working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Well thanks Windows, but it doesnt give me back the money I just spent on all this DVD equipment, which is now worhtless.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? I have Creator 2009, and I bought the BluRay plug in. This is just ridiculous.

13 answers to this question

Sorry to bother all of you, but I just bought a new laptop, spend gads of money on software (including Roxio Creator 2009), and now everytime the "Burn Project' window comes up, I get the same error window: "VideoWave11 Has Stopped Working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Well thanks Windows, but it doesnt give me back the money I just spent on all this DVD equipment, which is now worhtless.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? I have Creator 2009, and I bought the BluRay plug in. This is just ridiculous.

How much of the other software is running in the background, at startup? Disable anything that you don't need running.

What video chip does that laptop top have? How much shared memory can it use? How much RAM is in the laptop?

How much of the other software is running in the background, at startup? Disable anything that you don't need running.

What video chip does that laptop top have? How much shared memory can it use? How much RAM is in the laptop?

Thanks for your responses. The only software I have running is Roxio. I purchased the roxio software online and did the download (but also bought the backup CD). These are the specs for the laptop that I was given:

Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1Ghz, 3MB cach, 800MHz FSB)

4GB Memory

320GB Hard Dirve

Slot Loading Blu-Ray drive (Burner that plays and writes Blu-Ray discs)

Next Gen Wireless N and Bluetooth wireless technologies

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

I would think it would be able to burn a standard HD DVD given that it has a BluRay burner...maybe Im naive. Am I doing something wrong. Is there something else I need to download. Im almost morally opposed to paying any more after paying plenty for the laptop and this Roxio software. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Byronski

Thanks for your responses. The only software I have running is Roxio. I purchased the roxio software online and did the download (but also bought the backup CD). These are the specs for the laptop that I was given:

Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1Ghz, 3MB cach, 800MHz FSB)

4GB Memory

320GB Hard Dirve

Slot Loading Blu-Ray drive (Burner that plays and writes Blu-Ray discs)

Next Gen Wireless N and Bluetooth wireless technologies

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

I would think it would be able to burn a standard HD DVD given that it has a BluRay burner...maybe Im naive. Am I doing something wrong. Is there something else I need to download. Im almost morally opposed to paying any more after paying plenty for the laptop and this Roxio software. Thanks for your help!

Your computer spec's look adequate, so I don't think that is your problem. I really (and mean really !!) hate to suggest this but have you tried to remove C2009 and do a "clean Install" again ?? Make sure that all the drivers for the blu-ray are up to date.

Frank...

Your computer spec's look adequate, so I don't think that is your problem. I really (and mean really !!) hate to suggest this but have you tried to remove C2009 and do a "clean Install" again ?? Make sure that all the drivers for the blu-ray are up to date.

Frank...

I havent. Honestly, Im not as tech savvy as I'd like to be (Im a lawyer who relies HEAVILY on our IT department...they are by far the smartest people in the firm). Does that mean reinstalling C2009 again, or the whole OS (Vista?). If I reinstalled C2009, would I lose projects that I saved? Thanks again for your help, Frank.

I havent. Honestly, Im not as tech savvy as I'd like to be (Im a lawyer who relies HEAVILY on our IT department...they are by far the smartest people in the firm). Does that mean reinstalling C2009 again, or the whole OS (Vista?). If I reinstalled C2009, would I lose projects that I saved? Thanks again for your help, Frank.

Yes, I was suggesting that the C2009 program be re-installed again. And that does NOT mean you have to re-install the entire Vista OS. If the projects you made using C2009 before were saved in a folder on your HD, then they should still be there after you re-install C2009 for use again.

Frank...

I would think it would be able to burn a standard HD DVD given that it has a Blu-ray burner...maybe Im naive.

What do you mean by a standard HD DVD? With this program, you can burn a BluRay disc or you can burn a AVCHD disc. An AVCHD disc is one that will play on some Blu-Ray players but not all. You would be able to put about 20 minutes of AVCHD video on a standard DVD. Are you generally following these instructions for making a AVCHD or Blue Ray disc? Are you following this general work flow?

What OS are you running XP, Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit?

Have you updated the drivers for that video card from the laptop manufacturer? Did the laptop come with a Roxio program on it? That may be causing your problem. It might need to be removed before Creator 2009 is properly installed. I would suggest doing an uninstall of all Roxio programs and just installing Creator 2009. Here are the instructions [/url [url=http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/WinOnCD/000207CR?set-locale=en]Here are the instructions for Vista. It looks like a formative task but really isn't - one of those IT can do it in about 10 minutes (about the same time that you can do it.)

What is the source of the videos and what is the format?

Sorry for all the questions -- I sound like a lawyer ! ;)

Edited by sknis

So as suggested, you should do the clean install; the link is also included in Steve's/ sknis' post no. 8. Make sure antivirus / other programs are off when you do this.

this same thing is happening to me

iv tried everything and im opperating on a top of the line dell inspiron 1525

Please start a new thread and explain what's going on. It's frowned upon (here, anyway) to piggyback on another's thread.

Edited by Syrallas

i'm having the same problem with Videowave 11. it was working great for about a month and i burned dvds with out problems, but now this error pops up now.. i can add videos, make my menus and just about everything else... but as soon as i click the Burn button the program freezes up and "Videowave 11" error pops up and Roxio shuts down :angry2: i have uninstalled it and than reinstalled its a few times and even did a system restore

i'm running on a Dell Inspiron .530 quadcore with Vista can anyone help me? :blink:

Edited by Gizew

i'm having the same problem with Videowave 11. it was working great for about a month and i burned dvds with out problems, but now this error pops up now.. i can add videos, make my menus and just about everything else... but as soon as i click the Burn button the program freezes up and "Videowave 11" error pops up and Roxio shuts down :angry2: i have uninstalled it and than reinstalled its a few times and even did a system restore

i'm running on a Dell Inspiron .530 quadcore with Vista can anyone help me? :blink:

Same problem?

Same answer as back in December… Clean Install, link above.