• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Freeze up on certain modules within the SW Suite

gklainer

Question

I installed Media Creator 8 and updated it but I'm having problems with freeze ups in modules such as Creator Classic. I'm not certain whether it's related to the video card or not. I'm running a Radeon 9200 SE 128mb. I updated the drivers to the most current but that didn't help at all. I'm using a Sony DRU-120 and Pioneer DVR-110D both with the latest firmware. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 with 1GB of memory on a PC I built with an Intel 2.8 ghz processor.

Any suggestions as to why only certain programs freeze?

Thanks,

Gary

3 answers to this question

Hi Gary, other items that need to be new and up to date are things like DirectX

and windows installer version 3.1, these may be a cause to some of your performance

of the programe.

Download DirectX here

Download Windows Installer 3.1 here

Also check that the time on the computer is correct... (i know its a strange comment but it is important()

also make sure you dont have any old Packet writing software installed other than EMC8.

If you install these, let us here know if this helped...

Hi Neal.

Thanks for the info. I was pretty certain I had the latest sw since I had loaded XP Pro recently. I tried downloading and re-installing them and it still froze after that. Clock is ok too. Everything else works fine.

Gary

I installed Media Creator 8 and updated it but I'm having problems with freeze ups in modules such as Creator Classic. I'm not certain whether it's related to the video card or not. I'm running a Radeon 9200 SE 128mb. I updated the drivers to the most current but that didn't help at all. I'm using a Sony DRU-120 and Pioneer DVR-110D both with the latest firmware. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 with 1GB of memory on a PC I built with an Intel 2.8 ghz processor.

Any suggestions as to why only certain programs freeze?

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary, other items that need to be new and up to date are things like DirectX

and windows installer version 3.1, these may be a cause to some of your performance

of the programe.

Download DirectX here

Download Windows Installer 3.1 here

Also check that the time on the computer is correct... (i know its a strange comment but it is important()

also make sure you dont have any old Packet writing software installed other than EMC8.

If you install these, let us here know if this helped...

Archived