Converting Dvd To Mp4

joni730

Question

After convertinga dvd to mp4 and saving it to my movies the file is renamed:"MAQ00001" when I click on it and it says "Error 2010 movie contains invalid data". I have converted other dvd's from tv shows and never had a problem. Do I have the wrong settings in the Easy Media Center software? Thanks

5 answers to this question

After convertinga dvd to mp4 and saving it to my movies the file is renamed:"MAQ00001" when I click on it and it says "Error 2010 movie contains invalid data". I have converted other dvd's from tv shows and never had a problem. Do I have the wrong settings in the Easy Media Center software? Thanks

These are dvds you made, yes? Roxio doesn't convert commercial discs, so I'm a little perplexed by your statement that you've "converted other dvd's from tv shows and never had a problem"

Edited by Syrallas

These are dvds you made, yes? Roxio doesn't convert commercial discs, so I'm a little perplexed by your statement that you've "converted other dvd's from tv shows and never had a problem"

I record the tv show on a phillips dvd recorder, then on my computer I OPEN Roxio and go to

1-convert video,

2- add movies (E drive has the dvd ) Roxio copies it on right side of page is:

3 - format MP4 or iPod,

4 output file/folder then

5 save to MY Movies,

when I go to Itunes I add it to movies and sync to my iPhone.

I also have Media center on my computer that I have recorded tv shows that I do the same thing.

I record the tv show on a phillips dvd recorder, then on my computer I OPEN Roxio and go to

1-convert video,

2- add movies (E drive has the dvd ) Roxio copies it on right side of page is:

3 - format MP4 or iPod,

4 output file/folder then

5 save to MY Movies,

when I go to Itunes I add it to movies and sync to my iPhone.

I also have Media center on my computer that I have recorded tv shows that I do the same thing.

I've done the same thing, both ways you describe. :rolleyes:

How many files are you getting this error message with? A quick google search suggests a formatting error.