tliszt/pdx

Toast 9 : Deleting Temporary Files

Question

I was making a COPY of a non-protected DVD.

It got part of the way through, then Toast simply got 'hung up,' freezing.

I had to force quit (on a Mac), and I notice that my drive's available space went from 510 GB of available free space to 507.5 GB.

So, there MUST be some temporary files from the copy that are somewhere on my hard drive.

I want to delete these to free up the space again, but I do not know WHERE these files are temporarily stored.

Can someone help?

3 answers to this question

I was making a COPY of a non-protected DVD.

It got part of the way through, then Toast simply got 'hung up,' freezing.

I had to force quit (on a Mac), and I notice that my drive's available space went from 510 GB of available free space to 507.5 GB.

So, there MUST be some temporary files from the copy that are somewhere on my hard drive.

I want to delete these to free up the space again, but I do not know WHERE these files are temporarily stored.

Can someone help?

Toast creates a folder called "Roxio Converted Items" to store the temp files. In the Toast preferences menu you can change the location. Also, you can specify how often Toast empties this folder. I don't remember what the default is...probably your home folder.

...Wish I had 500GB free. I have over 1.5TB of hard drive space and only about 50GB free.

Toast creates a folder called "Roxio Converted Items" to store the temp files. In the Toast preferences menu you can change the location. Also, you can specify how often Toast empties this folder. I don't remember what the default is...probably your home folder.

...Wish I had 500GB free. I have over 1.5TB of hard drive space and only about 50GB free.

Thanks! That's exactly the info I needed.

I have Roxio Video Capture. It has worked several times. I do not have Toast installed. Now when I run Roxio Video Capture then record, then stop nothing happens so I close Roxio and click don't save and I get a message couldn't remove "Roxio Video Capture Temp[4].mov". I cannot find any such file in Finder to drag to the trash.