• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Write Slideshow To Iso File

drufus2002

Question

I am trying to burn a slideshow to an iso file. I have the full retail version. I can even write with one slideshow and not another. The projects that can't be written (2) are close to filling the dvd (one has 15mb left and the other goes over and needs compression). The slideshow that will work is also large but is mainly videos rather than photos. When I first attempted I got error 8004520C I defragged the drive, tried another drive, tried another machine, etc. but nothing will work. After I got the initial error I now get no error, no nothing, the program simply drops out.

I have played the slideshows, in videowave with absolutely no problem. I have tried to write an iso file, send it to a folder and also write a dvd - no cigar. It blows before it even gets to encoding anything. It hangs for a bit, creates the folder, or file on the drive, and then simply goes away. I have now tried this one two machines with identical results (with a lot of pain, ie. remove, re-install, move gb's of files, etc).

Given that it will actually work on one slideshow seems to beg the thought that its driver, or display, based. Both machines have lots of memory (2gb) and lots of drive space. In all cases I tested the video board, with the supplied utility, and had no problems. My version is 10.0.?? and I see there is an update but the site said that nothing had really changed so I have not updated my version, especially since I can get it to write one of the files. This makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the file from videowave but they play!

Thoughts?

8 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply.

I was wrong on my display. I am using via/s3g display (64 mb) that is built into my motherboard. I have also run the video tester and it says its just fine and it is set to software. I tried hardware, it ran through the test and reset it automatically to software so I am assuming that is ok. I checked for updates and, evidently I have the newest drivers. I also have direct 9c installed.

Now, however, I have a brand new problem. I started thinking on it and updated. I whirred and whizzed and completed the installation (while leaving an artifact on the screen that it was done). I then re-booted, as per instructions. I then ran the menu and it told me that I had to update, yet again, this time for the installer. I did that, it completed and everything looked hunky dory. Then I tried videowave and got: "ERROR: Unable to setup video objects." I then tried to search for that in the forums but the search engine didn't like the "to" (even when it was surrounded by quotes as per the help). Anyway, I then googled the line and it took me back to Roxio forums and the basic thought is I am now in deep doo doo.

I used to have a semi-functional program - I now have a non-functional program. Tomorrow I might make another run at the display and stick a display card in and see if that makes any difference at all. I tend, however, to doubt that. The really strange thing is that creator 8 worked just fine, burned and everything, with all the same hardware. I guess I could drop back but that really doesn't make sense.

If you really have that GeForce 6200, shown in your signature, things might work, but with that ancient via/s3g onboard chip, the software isn't going to run.

I was a very young kid, during the Korean War. :)

I was, unfortunately, no young enough, nor too old for vietnam (fun and games!)

Go into Device Manager, click on the + sign to the left of Display Adapters, and see if your GeForce card is listed.

Oh - that's one of the first things I did to make sure everything was right. This is now the only display card listed there. I also went to the nvidia site and downloaded/installed the latest and greatest.

I am really not too sure that this subject shouldn't be moved to something more appropriate as we seem to have moved on from my original problem to another, which is quite different. Just a thought.

If you really have that GeForce 6200, shown in your signature, things might work, but with that ancient via/s3g onboard chip, the software isn't going to run.

I really do have the geforce 6200 and just reinstalled it. I changed motherboard, cpu, drives, etc. some time ago. My cpu is now a 2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium D & 2gb of memory. I have just been using the onboard display but have now changed ittoe the 6200. The main roxio menu comes up just fine. I then clicked on videowave. I noted the change in display and went through its thing and then, of course, came back and gave me the dreaded: "ERROR: Unable to setup video objects"

Now I am at a complete loss. I guess I could start all over, uninstall, reinstall, and see what happens. What do you think?

I am curious. This is absolutely none of my business but I see your name is 'grandpabruce' and I was wondering just how hold you are. I am from the korean war era (now the va gets to pay for my meds, thank God) and am not exactly a spring chicken.

Go into the BIOS at boot and disable the onboard graphics

thanks for the reply!

I did that, still cannot deal with video objects (choose videowave, drive whirrs, nothing new on screen, and then the error: unable to update video object appears. I also tried my dvd with the same results. The main problem is now I can no longer run these programs.

Oh - when I changed the onboard graphics to disabled it got pretty interesting. My machine then decided to re-install everything (new whatever found). It went through everything and then I got to reboot yet again. that was pretty strange in that my device manager was clean going in! (its all done with smoke and mirrors)

thanks for the reply!

I did that, still cannot deal with video objects (choose videowave, drive whirrs, nothing new on screen, and then the error: unable to update video object appears. I also tried my dvd with the same results. The main problem is now I can no longer run these programs.

Oh - when I changed the onboard graphics to disabled it got pretty interesting. My machine then decided to re-install everything (new whatever found). It went through everything and then I got to reboot yet again. that was pretty strange in that my device manager was clean going in! (its all done with smoke and mirrors)

I was a very young kid, during the Korean War. :)

Go into Device Manager, click on the + sign to the left of Display Adapters, and see if your GeForce card is listed.

Thanks for the reply.

I was wrong on my display. I am using via/s3g display (64 mb) that is built into my motherboard. I have also run the video tester and it says its just fine and it is set to software. I tried hardware, it ran through the test and reset it automatically to software so I am assuming that is ok. I checked for updates and, evidently I have the newest drivers. I also have direct 9c installed.

Now, however, I have a brand new problem. I started thinking on it and updated. I whirred and whizzed and completed the installation (while leaving an artifact on the screen that it was done). I then re-booted, as per instructions. I then ran the menu and it told me that I had to update, yet again, this time for the installer. I did that, it completed and everything looked hunky dory. Then I tried videowave and got: "ERROR: Unable to setup video objects." I then tried to search for that in the forums but the search engine didn't like the "to" (even when it was surrounded by quotes as per the help). Anyway, I then googled the line and it took me back to Roxio forums and the basic thought is I am now in deep doo doo.

I used to have a semi-functional program - I now have a non-functional program. Tomorrow I might make another run at the display and stick a display card in and see if that makes any difference at all. I tend, however, to doubt that. The really strange thing is that creator 8 worked just fine, burned and everything, with all the same hardware. I guess I could drop back but that really doesn't make sense.

Archived