Error Message

edsiwin

Question

I sas in Slideshow Assistant and had placed 262 Images and 18 audios in the file. Info said that the total size was 31.74 MB, and Duration of 109:30 min. I had set the timing of the slide changes to 6 and a Style of Dissolve. I placed a Memorex DVD+R in the Lightscribe DVD Drive and clicked on the "Burn to Disk". Immediately I got a Preview Window that said: " Failed to analyze media files. One or more of the files you have selected may be unsupported or corrupt". My Roxio is now frozen and won't let me go back to remove any files, or to save my work or anything else. I don't want to cancel and destroy over 6 hours of work organizing and labeling each picture. What can I do to save my work? What can I do to eventually be able to burn this project? I had wasted 6 DVD's (short projects) learning the right way to put this together and did get the last 3 of them burned dand played on our TV/DVD. I have a 6 month old HP w2207h Vista Computer. The Disc Drive is a TSST Corp CDDVDDWTS-4653N. Please keep any explanation simple as I am over 70 and not very computer savvy.

1 answer to this question

If it is locked up, it is gone! They didn't had a Magic Button in there…

It is not age dependant but with software, Save, Save, Save!!! When you reach Step 3, Save! This creates a dmss file. You use Windows Explorer and double click this file to launch the Slideshow Assistant with your project running.

For discs, get thee to a store and buy a couple pieces of DVD RW (Verbatim preferred). It is reusable and means no ruined discs! I keep 6 of each (DVD & CD) on my desk!

Since there are "problems" with this Project instead of building the complete Project, skip to Step 3 from time to time to Save and to Create File.

This Create File will render your project which will test the content. And when you reach the end of your project and click on Burn you can load this File under Add Movie and it will quickly render the compliant slideshow and burn.