Usb Video Capture Not Working

Head Spins

Question

I've been trying to get the USB VC to work with the Creator 2009 for a few weeks. Cust Support responds with trying new drivers.

When I hook up my VCR to the USB, all I get is a distorted video which looks like a checkered flag. Audio is also static. I know the source is high quality, because I've hooked the component plugs to a TV. But hooked to the USB capture, my PC gets nothing but a mess.

I'm running with XP.

If anyone has any hints, please let me know. Otherwise, I want to return this $50 set of wires. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Did you look at the artcle in Tips & Tricks about it?

It is such a simple device the printed instructions consist of 2 steps.

To isolate/eliminate a bad device, you will have to set it up on another PC. What does Roxio say about replacing it?

Thanks.

'

I've been all over the web site, but haven't seen tips & tricks. What section is it under?

As for replacing, Roxio referred to the 3rd party that shipped it ... River with a PO box ... and I'm waiting for a response from them.

(Edited to take your response outside the quote)

Edited by sknis

'

I've been all over the web site, but haven't seen tips & tricks. What section is it under?

As for replacing, Roxio referred to the 3rd party that shipped it ... River with a PO box ... and I'm waiting for a response from them.

(Edited to take your response outside the quote)

Tips and trick is a subheading in this forum area. The post referred to is here (link)

The only thing I noticed is you said you hooked up the Component cables.

That can't happen.Component is for High Def.There are 3 cables,Red,Green and Blue.

You need to use the Composite video which is just 1 connection.

Off the back of the vcr you should have usually a Yellow (composite video) and a Red and White (Stereo Audio)

If this isn't what you're doing my apologies.

If this is what you're doing,return the Component cable and use a regular Composite cable.

Edited by tbrewst