Hangs While Burning In Mydvd

MocMan

Question

After Editing a Captured Movie File in VW and adding it to MyDVD for finializing, and then trying to Burn, it stops at 97%.

I have the full version of EMC10, and a great new custom made computer - video card, speed, and memory are not a problem, believe me! I am using the Vista Ultimate 64. I have run into this exact problem, and numerous others, on my older Dell with XP.

I am not new to creating DVD's, but my knowledge of computer lingo and abilities are limited. With good instructions I am an apt student however.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

After Editing a Captured Movie File in VW and adding it to MyDVD for finializing, and then trying to Burn, it stops at 97%.

I have the full version of EMC10, and a great new custom made computer - video card, speed, and memory are not a problem, believe me! I am using the Vista Ultimate 64. I have run into this exact problem, and numerous others, on my older Dell with XP.

I am not new to creating DVD's, but my knowledge of computer lingo and abilities are limited. With good instructions I am an apt student however.

Did you try just burning an .iso image, which you could then, in a separate step, burn to a disc? Sometimes this can help.

burnisome6.gif

Edited by Syrallas

Did you try just burning an .iso image, which you could then, in a separate step, burn to a disc? Sometimes this can help.

burnisome6.gif

Thanks, I will give that a try. The movie file is over an hour long, is their any limitations to an .iso image file?

Thanks, I will give that a try. The movie file is over an hour long, is their any limitations to an .iso image file?

No problem.

1 hour is the longest you should put on a DVD for best quality on a DVD, but longer can fit, w/ a degradation in quality the longer it is....

If you have an rw disc, dust it off and burn the .iso to that.

divider3ts8.gif

Edited by Syrallas

No problem.

1 hour is the longest you should put on a DVD for best quality on a DVD, but longer can fit, w/ a degradation in quality the longer it is....

If you have an rw disc, dust it off and burn the .iso to that.

Thanks again. I am familiar with the quality issue. So, after saving it to RW Disc, I guess I simply Import it again for bruning in MyDVD. Is that right?

Thanks again. I am familiar with the quality issue. So, after saving it to RW Disc, I guess I simply Import it again for bruning in MyDVD. Is that right?

If you first burn to an iso file you can then use Video Copy & Convert to burn to a DVD. VCC wil transcode the video (if longer then 60 minutes) to fit on the video. If you first test with a RW DVD and it works, don't delete the iso file but just burn the iso to a standard DVD. No need to import from the RW DVD;

If you first burn to an iso file (>60 minutes no problem, select HQ for output quality) you can then use Video Copy & Convert to burn to a DVD. VCC wil transcode the video (if longer then 60 minutes) to fit on the video. If you first test with a RW DVD and it works, don't delete the iso file but just burn the iso to a standard DVD. No need to import from the RW DVD;

Edited by myguggi

If you first burn to an iso file you can then use Video Copy & Convert to burn to a DVD. VCC wil transcode the video (if longer then 60 minutes) to fit on the video. If you first test with a RW DVD and it works, don't delete the iso file but just burn the iso to a standard DVD. No need to import from the RW DVD;

If you first burn to an iso file (>60 minutes no problem, select HQ for output quality) you can then use Video Copy & Convert to burn to a DVD. VCC wil transcode the video (if longer then 60 minutes) to fit on the video. If you first test with a RW DVD and it works, don't delete the iso file but just burn the iso to a standard DVD. No need to import from the RW DVD;

Got it. No time to work on this at the moment, but I will revisit this thread ASAP.

Thanks for your help and expertice.