• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Anyone found that their CD Key won't register on web site?

avmad

Hello again,

Has anyone discovered that their CD Key is described as invalid when registering it on Roxio website?

This happened to me yesterday. My software was purchased from "PriceGrabber.com" as an OEM disk with the full suite but no manual or box. The CD Key was on the outside of the plain white sleeve.

I'm wondering if I got ripped off but I have yet to talk to customer service about this.

I cannot see an email address for customer service either - do I have to contact them only by phone or by raising a ticket (which I did already)?

Thx

avmad

I have the same problem, and I haven't yet gone to support for it but I expect to do so. (Whoever gets there first, please post the answer here so we will all know.) I purchased my copy as a download directly from Roxio for a king's ransom, so it had jolly well better be legitimate, and the registration screen is just another mysterious nuisance. (If you tell it not to display again it will, and if you go to Help/Register it will just give you the same screen.)

Customer support is there all right, and it doesn't require a telephone. When you bring up the Roxio application screen there is a 'Support and Product Updates' link on the Welcome screen, which will take you to Roxio's own support source, which should be more reliable and friendly than the present source sometimes is. Don't let the demands to register prevent you from getting there, just cancel or postpone your way through them and you will still have the Roxio application. You may also have to scroll down the middle pane a bit to get to the link, depending on your display. The link you want is Check here periodically for the latest etc.

I have the same problem,

Great - Good to know I'm not on my own then :)

Incidentally, I should have said that entering the cd key during the install process was not an issue - the install was fine. It's just the web site registration I'm struggling with.

Cheers

avmad

Hi again,

I raised a ticket with Roxio about this back on April 15th. I have not seen any email response but maybe the support staff have updated the ticket instead.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the web page that shows the list of current tickets etc? I presume I should be able to go there and see my ticket etc. I believe I did find myself at that pag, right after I raised the ticket but now I cannot remember how to get back.

Thx for any help here.

avmad

I have also requested more information from you on that ticket.

Thanks!

I have replied to your response and have scanned both sides of disk 1 so you can see the markings and numbers there.

I would have scanned and uploaded disk 2 images but the site doesn't seem to like me now :)

Second issue

---------------

As mentioned in another thread here, the password I am using to get into the support page is invalid now. I need to get it changed. I am assuming that raising a support ticket is the right way to do this, so I have done that.

Thanks.

avmad

William,

1) Thanks very much. Why was a new key issued finally? What did you learn from my scans of the disks? Do I in fact have a genuine Roxio disk? I need to know because I was about to request a refund from the seller.

2) Sorry to be dense but I cannot see a place in MyRoxio to change my email address. I do see a place to change my "login", which I presume to be the MyRoxio login (which in my case the username is avmad, not my email address). Please do tell me what I'm missing here.

Thanks.

avmad

(Julian)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I didn't see a reply to my previous questions, either here or in my tickets in selfserve.roxio.com.

To make matters worse, my three previous tickets have disappeared from my view in selfserve.roxio.com so I cannot even get my new CD key or read any responses.

Any ideas?

Thx

avmad

Archived