Lost Sound In Apple Quicktime

michaeldpearson

Question

I have lost the ability to hear any sound when playing Apple Quicktime .mov files.

This occurred after installing EMC 8.

Is this a coincidence, or could it be another idiosyncrasy of EMC 8 ?

(I seem to think it messed up playing .mpeg files from the net - but I cannot remenber the fix for this).

If anyone has any thoughts re. .mov files losing audio, I would be grateful of any help.

Thanks. Michael.

5 answers to this question

If I recall, Quicktime has some proprietary codex. What I did was to purchase Quicktime Pro (purchase the key from Apple) and convert the files to either AVI or MPEG.

Thanks - did you have a similar problem?

Can you convert to other formats from within Apple Quicktime Pro?

I have since purchased Alive Video Converter and converted the .mov files to .mpeg. Was slow but worked well.

It might have been a coincidence with EMC8 being nstalled at a similar time I noticed the lack of audio when playing the .mov files with Quicktime - I do not use it much, but wanted to check out some tutorial videos for PSPX.

I have lost the ability to hear any sound when playing Apple Quicktime .mov files.

This occurred after installing EMC 8.

Is this a coincidence, or could it be another idiosyncrasy of EMC 8 ?

(I seem to think it messed up playing .mpeg files from the net - but I cannot remenber the fix for this).

If anyone has any thoughts re. .mov files losing audio, I would be grateful of any help.

Thanks. Michael.

You could try downloading the latest version of Quick Time. I have not had the problem with losing sound. I have version 6.5 of the player.

Archived