Computer won't recognize Sony DV camera after installing emc8

jjdott@comcast.net

Question

I recently installed EMC8 on both my Toshiba m45-s265 laptop and Dell Dimension 8400. Now the computers won't recognize the Sony DCR-TRV20 thru the firewire.

I have had so many issues already with EMC8, I really regret purchasing this software!!

Anyone have an idea as to why my computers can't recognize the DV camera?

2 answers to this question

Both those manufacturers are very good at posting updates. Have you been to their sites and made sure that everything is up to date? I checked the Dell and the unit you listed didn't come with a firewire card/port. Did you add it your self. Have you updated to SP2 recently? MS had a fix for the problem they created with that update,

I recently installed EMC8 on both my Toshiba m45-s265 laptop and Dell Dimension 8400. Now the computers won't recognize the Sony DCR-TRV20 thru the firewire.

I have had so many issues already with EMC8, I really regret purchasing this software!!

What were you capturing with before EMC8?

What does happen when you plug your camera in?

Archived